• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Bare Bones Secret Question Removal Guide (1 Viewer)

Pugs

RedCents
644¢
enjoy

Bare Bones Secret Question Removal Guide

Common sense should dictate, however I will suggest here that you should read this entire guide and become familiar with it before beginning the account info alteration process.

If you have the last 4 digits of a credit card used to pay for the last billing on the account just note that information and proceed to follow the numbered directions below. Otherwise subscribe Everquest and note the last 4 digits of the card you use and then follow these directions.

1. Go here: https://login.station.sony.com/logi...tion.sony.com/secure/en/registration/view.jsp

2. Enter your station name and password and click Submit

3. You will see: Registration | Profile | Billing Info

Click on Registration and take note of all of the information.

4. Click on Billing Info and you will see a tab that reads:

Account History

Your 5 most recent transactions. VIEW ALL

Click VIEW ALL and you will be asked to enter your password again

Underneath the column that lists the order number you can click on each number and obtain the purchase detail info. MAKE SURE THAT YOU NOTE AT LEAST THE FIRST AND LAST NAMES OF THE FOLKS LISTED IN THE FIRST AND LAST ORDER NUMBERS and you may want to take note of all of that information such as addresses, etc..

5. Now you have the information you need in orde to speak with a Customer Service Rep over their online chat system.

Go here: http://www.station.sony.com/en/instantchat.jsp

Fill out all of the information to MATCH THE REGISTRATION INFO and fill in the other slots like phone number with whatever.

Then where it asks you to fill in your question type: "I would like to remove my secret question from registration please" or whatever similar version you choose to use.

Click the Start Chatting button

If Chat Tech help is closed, try again during their business hours listed there.

6. Begin your chat session with the Customer Service Representative. Remember that being polite and having information available will get you results.

Note: Make it clear to the CSR that you do not want to reset your password, that you simply want to remove the secret question from the registration. If you are given a station name recovery or station password recovery link from the CSR you may not be able to retrieve information from those links. If for some reason you are given those links and information is reset, then try entering the chat again and explain what happend to another CSR. This happened to me once when I was experimenting with the online chat system and I had to go back in and insist that the secret question was removed.

Don't be overbearing or anything, but simply stick to your guns that you would just like to have the secret question disabled. Don't elaborate too much, but you can simply say that you find it annoying. If you are asked if you know the answer you can say that you forgot what you put.

Now they may ask you some question like:

1. Station Name

2. E-mail

3. Birth Date

4. Full name

5. Zip Code

6. First and last 4 digits of the original and current credit card you

used.

Now give them the info from the account registration and don't panic about not knowing the birthdate and the last 4 digits of the initial card used for billing. They don't seem to care much what the birthdate you give is and just reply with the last 4 digits of the card used in the last billing and that seems to be good enough for them as well.

You may get this message or something similar next:

I'm sorry, but the information you provided does not match

our records. We can also help you recover this account if you can

provide all the names and addresses of all credit card holders who have paid

for this account in its history.

Now just proceed to provide infos from the process I described above.

While chatting with the CSR the important thing is to remember that these people have the power to help you out and they are not terribly regulated. Just be polite and answer the questions the best you can. You can provide some incorrect info and it might not matter, or you might need to try again and see how a different CSR responds to your requests. This reminds me of when I was a teenager and I'd beat a nintendo cartrige and would want to return it or exchange it for another. If I was polite I could return the game with no reciept sometimes or I might have to exchange. Sometimes it depended on the store policy and sometimes it just depended on who I spoke with and our moods at the time. Politeness and persistance pays off, and what I'm telling you here is that the policy in regards to removing the secret question is not as strict as you might think.

After the CSR has removed your secret question or, whatever happens, I recommend that you fill out a survey, filling in your e-mail address and clicking the button that will send you a copy of the transcript for your records.

This guide is off of PA. if any one is the author of it here i will galdly remove it. But i think all information should be freely shared among our communtiy.

Bare Bones Secret Question Removal Guide

Users who are viewing this thread

Back