• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Bard disc burns (1 Viewer)

DankkClique

RedCents
49¢
I'm trying to get every drop of dps I can out of my bard and I'm having a difficult time finding any information online pertaining to what discs stack with others. If anyone has any ideas as to what discs do and do not stack together for the bard, your help would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

bard burn thousand blades,flurry of notes,frenzied kicks,fire,cold,disease dots, rotate boastful bellow and vainglorious shout epic/Fierce eye/QuickTime,dance of blades,Cacophony and non push nuke want nuke to fire every 3rd song

bard burn thousand blades,flurry of notes,frenzied kicks,fire,cold,disease dots, rotate boastful bellow and vainglorious shout epic/Fierce eye/QuickTime,dance of blades,Cacophony and non push nuke want nuke to fire every 3rd song
That’s pretty much a stock bard burn. Maybe add in a chest clicky item don’t forget and the epic, but that should really be clicked anytime it is up.

I’m going to experiment with burning using deftdance instead of thousand blades. Stacked with flurry of notes, I wonder if the ‘Increase Dual Wield by 10000%’ would bring any better dps from procs.

You can use both deft dance and thousand blades at same time not a real reason to split them up i just forgot to add that in.
I don’t think you can. You can only have one up at a time. If I’m running thousand blade and then click deft dance, nothing happens.
But anyways, thousand blades is the standard dps disc, while deft is mainly for survival. Especially when combined with the dissonant chord.

I don’t think you can. You can only have one up at a time. If I’m running thousand blade and then click deft dance, nothing happens.
But anyways, thousand blades is the standard dps disc, while deft is mainly for survival. Especially when combined with the dissonant chord.
i was thinking wrong ability dance of blades , been a crazy few weeks my head not on right atm.

I've got all that. My bard is on vox burning for a mil +. I was more asking what, if anything, didn't stack. Something like the increase to spell damage bonus with Masterful Mixolydian Root from the chest effect and Spire of Minstrels or the Epic with spell crit on Fierce Eye or the accy bonus from quick time. Wondering if anyone had already done any in depth testing on a dummy or not so I didn't have to.

I've got all that. My bard is on vox burning for a mil +. I was more asking what, if anything, didn't stack. Something like the increase to spell damage bonus with Masterful Mixolydian Root from the chest effect and Spire of Minstrels or the Epic with spell crit on Fierce Eye or the accy bonus from quick time. Wondering if anyone had already done any in depth testing on a dummy or not so I didn't have to.
How the heck are you getting 1mil burns on a bard?

for my bards burns i use: lyrical prankster, fierce eye, cacophony, spire, song of stone, chest clickie, quicktime, funeral dirge, frenzied kicks, flurry of notes, dance of blades, Thousand blades disc, reflexive rebuttle, epic 2.0 and minature horn of unity. If you are wanting as much bard dps as you can incorporate your 4 DoT and insult to proc synergy songs into you melee twist rotation.

So here's what I got so far....
First burn- Epic, Chest, Quick Time, Song of Stone, Flurry of Notes, Frenzied Kicks, Deftdance Discipline, Destruction Glyph.
Second burn- Fierce Eye, Bladed Song, Funeral Dirge, Spire Minstrels, Dance of Blades, Thousand Blades, Intensity of the Resolute.

I found where a couple of these share some descriptions so I split them into two burns. I have not had a chance to test this in a burn situation on raid yet. Give me 2 weeks and I should have a little more information as far as if it's worth burning this way.

If this is for a raid scenario, I would strongly suggest *NOT* using crappy swarm pets like Lyrical Prankster and Song of Stone. The zone lag that swarm pets cause is a major detriment to mage and necro real pets as well as to your fellow raiders in general. This goes for any melee swarm pets. Their DPS is pitiful and not going to move you up the parse.

If this is for a raid scenario, I would strongly suggest *NOT* using crappy swarm pets like Lyrical Prankster and Song of Stone. The zone lag that swarm pets cause is a major detriment to mage and necro real pets as well as to your fellow raiders in general. This goes for any melee swarm pets. Their DPS is pitiful and not going to move you up the parse.
Well, we have a specific set up where I am and my pets are there to help the 1 mage that we have. We're almost exclusively Sk's with bot zerkers and clerics/shammys. xD

Question - Bard disc burns

Users who are viewing this thread

Back