• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

BANNED! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fierymomof2

RedCents
Logged in this morning just fine, logged off for a bit, tried to log back in and poof account was banned! Has anyone that's ever been banned, ever had their account reactivated? Damage control advice anyone?
The only "warping" I ever did was brief and to a group or friend... other than that it was mostly for map use, foraging, that's about it.

Hah good ole days, yea I've had that happen twice actually, both times it was because sony banned my IP address. Now I only hack on DSL lines where i can have 13 seperate IP's heh. Damage control? just call sony and ask them why you were banned, work on an excuse from there.

I'm on DSL lol... I gave them the "my account was hacked, my son's friend blah blah blah" excuse so we'll see... someone told me the first offense was a 60-day ban so we'll see...fingers crossed!

The only "warping" I ever did was brief and to a group or friend... other than that it was mostly for map use, foraging, that's about it.

cough....cough....warping to a friend? To a group? Are you sure without a doubt that this was not the cause? Just curious is all. I'd have a very hard time warping to a group or anyone in game other than my own box group.

Also, when was the last time you warped? If it was a pretty long time ago, then chances are you were banned just because someone reported you cause they knew you used MQ2. It's next to impossible for sony to know you use mq2 if you are just using it for map functions, etc.

Yes I only warp to a select few that *I* know use MQ2 as well. It's very rare that I actually use it, but it was a few days ago that I remember last. I'm counting down hours until their support opens up so I can call. 10a-7p PST really sucks for those of us in later time zones, have to wait...and wait...

You use afk macros at all?

Or all it takes is one person in zone that sees ya warp.

Or using it to cross zones.

One time on my chanter I was in a hurry to get to Relic to help a friend. I just zoned into Freeport and checked map. The only one in zone was a guy way on the other side of zone no where close to the zone for arcstone. So I /warp target to the guy right by the ZL. (for some reason my /zone dumps me to desktop when I /zone to arc. sometimes) And then click in. I zone in, look at map ,and noone in arcstone so I /zone relic.

Well i get a tell from the guy in freeport saying "how the hell you get to relic so fast?"

I was like "???"

he said "you were in freeport and I /ooc 'ed for a C, and got no answer. so i /who MYCHARACTERSNAME and you were in relic????"

So i was like "well i used my druid to port to arcstone, then i had a COH set up at relic zoneline for the rest of my party"

He said "Well can i still get a C?"

I said "only if you run to relic."

he said "well F you then!!!"

Well then 3 days later my chanter was suspended for useing 3rd party programs to travel accross zones without risk of harm or some shit.

I know it was that guy /petioning. And it always takes a few days to go thru your logs.
I should of just gave the dick a C :(

My brother was banned yesterday morning. We are pretty sure it had to be someone that petitioned him because we have both been using the same amount of warping/piggyzoning. We also run the task macro and I run 2 accounts while he only uses one and im still not banned. In fact we were both running the macro when he was banned.

I regret to inform you that your account has been suspended. This action was taken because your account was found to be involved in the use of a client hack type program that was used to give your game character abilities he would not normally have.

I use it to cross zones occasionally, but being a wizard, most people never even blink when I shoot from zone to zone. I don't get asked for buffs, obviously, so I can disappear to another zone and most people (I THOUGHT) never questioned it. Perhaps the oddest thing about this whole situation is that I've not even received an email such as your quote. Nada. The only way I found out was when I tried to log in. 15 more minutes till they open up, and I'll know for sure, but the waiting is driving me crazy.
I am always careful to look on my map to make sure no one is near me when I /zone. Only a select few in my guild know I use it, because they happen to use it too. The only thing that sticks out in my mind is I was in a zone, was afk talking to someone at my house, just sitting there at the zl. I happened to look over and notice I was under attack. I hit my /zone guildlobby hotkey, and I froze up. Couldn't log back in for quite some time, but finally managed to get in. Played a little, then logged. Couple of hours later tried to log back in and *bam* banned. Since I could have innocently used the gate or exodus command on a wizard, I don't see how anyone looking at me could've seen I was warping or zoning using anything else but a legit spell.
The clock sits ticking... I just wonder if they've finally gone on a ban rampage on my particular server?

Just got the answer. It was because of the mac advtaskwarp. Apparently they're watching that particular little gem now. Funny thing, I saw someone doing the same thing the other day, and I was just sitting there, not even running MQ2 at the time, and I'd be willing to bet they suspected me of doing what they were doing. I now have to write a letter (no email!) to SOE asking them to unban the account, but the rep told me "Usually once you're banned, that's it, but you can always ask..." Yeah ok, we'll see... /sighs

What I always get a laugh about over and over, that People still post after post about people getting banned over lava mm or any kind of mm or task mission but yet people still do it.

its been said over and over, GM are watching that stuff and a day maybe a week later thier acct gets banned and then we see them cry to here asking why did I get banned.

if u don't want to get banned stop doing those missions, cause gms are watching them and will continue to do so. They are not looking at this occational warps here and there but looking for stupid people who want to afk exp from mm.

As I stated before, I was NOT using this macro. I used it *once* when I first read about it, didn't care for it, was too nervous about all of the /warping going on, and never used it again. The rep told me this was something that happened *recently* and I know darned well I have deleted that macro from my system, and haven't used it. I don't know about the "other missions" and don't want to.
What a headache... off to write a letter I suppose...

Good luck. I cross my fingers everytime I log on. I am hopeing my account doesnt get banned soon myself. I left my bot on for my guildys to use and I went to bed.. they were supposed to have him gate home when they were done. well they all went to bed, 1 tank and his druid stayed so he started a new group and ran my sham with out me there telling him to do shit in group chat .. He said I was drunk becuase poeple in group were woundering what was going on.. even if I don't get banned, THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN.
He even uses MQ how lame.

Warping since TSS is about as safe as juggling live hand grenades. Yes there was always risk associated with it ... but since the changes were implemented I went from warping 100x a day to 0 times in over 2 months now. Warping will nail you time and time again these days ... even if it was in an out of the way zone around nobody else.

Taskmasters are even worse. The only time I've been suspended was for doing the damn Dreadlands/Karnor Taskmaster with warp and piggyzone.

Hmm what changes have been implemented since TSS? Keith? I'm just curious because I have been doing alot of warping in most TSS zones , but not all.
/shrug.....

Yah I have been doing alot of warping and I don't think any new code has been implimented to bust us out any faster than they can now. I have actully steped up my warping in TSS due to KEYS and FACTION issues. I really think more than 3/4 of the people being busted are due to people just being bitchs and reporting.. I'm sure there are some poeple in this game that play just to bust poeple, and thats how they enjoy the game. its lame but its real. just keep your eyes open for the WAH WAHH toons.

Yeah I think I have a pretty good idea who snitched & bitched. No proof of course, but I'm hearing on the winds that I was by no means the first nor the last on the latest warpath.
Exchanged a few emails with a GM I'd gotten to know awhile back under entirely different circumstances, we shall see....

Lol...SOE should just save themselves some time and effort and create a server where using third party software to hack the game is allowed. They would make money keeping the hacker accounts, the people who typically have multiple accounts anyway, and they wouldn't have to waste so much energy banning people and then dealing with them afterwards.

I was banned for a first offense. I did nothing and account was reinstated in 10 days. I was caught red handed by blueberrybuttGM warping and he was asking me how I crossed zone so fast. I did not converse with him as he went on and on asking me and telling me he was only going to ask one more time. I gated initally but he summoned me back. Then after about 30 min he was gone so I gated again and bam he summoned me again. Then bam to the desktop.

I also was in zone with only 1 other person so they must have reported me for a no no macro. Anyway I always check now and almost never warp unless I really really have to.

I guess I should have done nothing, but my noob ass went into panic mode aka "Damage Control" and contacted SOE first thing this morning. "Gasp, shock, boggle, what do you mean 'third party client hack?'"
Did I mention I felt like a dumbass? :rolleyes:

Closing this thread now, to avoid any flames, and as we have another thread going for banned accounts (No I don't know how to link it so :p do a search) PM me if you care to....Will update on the proper "Banned accounts" thread when I know something for sure.

BANNED!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back