• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Ban (1 Viewer)

bigdaddy

RedCents
Does anyone know if SoE can detect warping now? I would think the only way they can catch you is if they see you do it? or if you jump from zone to zone extremely fast.... Anyone know any facts on this? Seems like they could detect /fade and /ghost but /warp would seem difficult for them to detect... unless i'm missing something... Be nice to know what SoE for sure can and cant detect... I'm hearing now of people getting banned for warping and speed hacking, so it has me nervous... Anyone have any input on this?

Thanks,
BigDaddy

I can tell you with 100% certainty that they can detect warping. The auto-suspend/ban mechanic isn't in yet, but they have been able to detect warping for months now.

It is able to differentiate between warping and "lag ghosting" also. Especially now, since you can no longer "lag" your way around, it is obvious when someone is warping.

I can't tell you whether or not they will suspend/ban you for warping here and there, but I can tell you without a doubt that they have logs of it.

From all that I have heard about warp detection, I yet to believe it. I don't even use mq right now until I feel this is all over with or until we figure out just exactly what they can and can not do. I see people warping constantly on a daily basis. Seems to me, that if they could have detected it, they would have been gone a long time ago. No, I will not tell on them even though they are doing it out in the open. Just seems stupid to me to do that. If they can get away with it, then more power to them. But because of this, I fail to believe they can detect it. Maybe I'm wrong since I have no proof either way.

Ban

Users who are viewing this thread

Back