• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Autoload Docrack settings? (1 Viewer)

A_Enchanter_01

RedCents
Please kill the kitty if you have to...
I have searched and can't find an answer. Everytime I load eq, I have to click on the docracks I want to use. I was wondering if there is a way to autoload the offsets you use all the time.

There's supposed to be an ini setting, but I can never get that to work for me. I use character .cfg files to do it.

Open a text editor, then just enter a command in a line, then a second command on the second line, etc. Once done, save the file as "Server_CharName.cfg", and put it in your release folder. Mine for my bard looks like this:

Rich (BB code):
/docrack bardclicky on
/docrack noaccel on
/docrack showspells2 on
/docrack envirofall2 on

But it doesn't just have to be docracks...you can start macros, use MQ2Data script, etc -- MQ2 just goes line by line and executes the command on that line as if you'd typed it in.

The INI setting is:

DefaultSetting="on"

Add this to each section you want to have auto-activated when the plugin loads. However, this approach requires you to re-add this entry every time a new compile is distributed. Red's approach is more universal (read: once coded, you only need to edit if you want to make changes)

Honestly, Warrene, that method never worked 100% of the time for me. Even without changing the cracks, it would sometimes just not turn the cracks I wanted on. That's why I turned to the .cfg files.

Autoload Docrack settings?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back