• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Augments (1 Viewer)

RedCents
382¢
Hope this isn't too out of place.

I'm trying to decide what the best augment I can use for DPS on rogues and rangers. I've got a 300 tradeskiller in everything and plat is not an issue. I've got access to everything except ToB and DK.

The ranger is entering the 60s now and will be a month before she's 70 so that's gotta be considered too. Is there an aug I should use now until 70 and change to a different one then or even at 65?

Will augments on other slots help the bow, throwing daggers, and melee?

Also, keep in mind that I can't zone into places that require lvl 65+ yet.

There are a couple items that have a % effect to dodge. How's the numbers work out? Does an item with dodge 8% stack with dodge 3? Also, are there augs from LDoN or DoN that have these effects or do I need to make them?

Sounds silly but if you can buy an augment for even 680 crystals or 4 hours of exping in LDoN, it's better to have one you can recoup 50%+ of the cost of, even if it's in LDoN points that you'll probably never use again, than it is spending 100k+ plat on making one that will become no drop.

for me...

on armour/ears etc - ac>hp>shielding>CE>avoid>other crap> resists

on weapons (tanks) - big dd proc > EB > stun proc (cs4 etc) > rune > life tap > damage aug non elemental > other augs

on dps classes in weapons - ice/fire dd procs > non elemental damage aug > stun aug > elemental damage aug (its resistable and mitigatable)

so for a ranger or rogue, id go with DON or LDoN proc augs for now :) or get a 2 disease damage aug from rage :)

Norrathian said:
There are a couple items that have a % effect to dodge. How's the numbers work out? Does an item with dodge 8% stack with dodge 3? Also, are there augs from LDoN or DoN that have these effects or do I need to make them?

Sounds silly but if you can buy an augment for even 680 crystals or 4 hours of exping in LDoN, it's better to have one you can recoup 50%+ of the cost of, even if it's in LDoN points that you'll probably never use again, than it is spending 100k+ plat on making one that will become no drop.

From what I have read they are two different things. The % is an added amount to your abilities while the dodge 3 is an increase in your chance for the ability to "fire"

If you use the aug in one of the higher end gems (strikethrough, 45 hps, ect) you can use them far into your progression....Its a long haul for most till they have an opportunity for a fero 3 or better armor piece...As for damage augs def go don unless you are already in the very high end.

Augments

Users who are viewing this thread

Back