• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Plugin - Audio Trigger for Tells??? (1 Viewer)

How would I also set up an "Audio Trigger" for tells as well?

/beepontells and /flashontells are both parts of the MQ system.. That will give you the audible beep when a tell comes in, and the flash one will cause your window to flash until you make that your active window.

If these arent what you're looking for, you're wanting to set up an audio trigger ie a mp3 or external sound when a tell comes in? or something like EQ's built in audio triggers? (in which you could use the trigger "tells you" maybe?)

/beepontells and /flashontells are both parts of the MQ system.. That will give you the audible beep when a tell comes in, and the flash one will cause your window to flash until you make that your active window.

If these arent what you're looking for, you're wanting to set up an audio trigger ie a mp3 or external sound when a tell comes in? or something like EQ's built in audio triggers? (in which you could use the trigger "tells you" maybe?)

I created an audio trigger for “tells you” but it’s just a single sound. Is there a way to make it like beep a few times so it’s a lot harder to miss?

I created an audio trigger for “tells you” but it’s just a single sound. Is there a way to make it like beep a few times so it’s a lot harder to miss?

Not sure what your options are there. I know the in-game built in one is fairly limited.. there are a few sounds it uses, but I'm not sure if you can replace one of those with a custom on (like, rename a mp3 with the same file name or something akin to that) . as far as if we can do that in MQ, I have to defer to the more knowledgeable folks here (thankfully plenty here though!)

You can make your own audio files and place them inthe autotrigger folder in EQ and use them ingame just like any other trigger already in place. They just need to be in .wav format.

I have set up things for invis dropping, line of sight warning on casters trying to nuke, the PoWar catapult, root breaking, mezz breaking, slow not sticking...my computer can be a real noise maker, but I know what is going on! You can use your computers Sund Recorder or Voice Recorder to make your own files.

I have used my headset to make numerous ones over the years to assist on raids/grouping, before GINA had it's set up making it possible to send whole raid packs (much better for everyone to have the same triggers, heh)

If you want something you wont miss though, look for alarm files... something loud and attention grabbing. (and then promptly get annoyed by them when you have a tell conversation... but it will ensure it grabs your attention!)

Make sure you turn off the new option that creates a window when you get a tell, or this won't work.

You have to create an event:

INI:
#Event YouGotTell        "#1# tells you, #2#"

Then you need the Event Code:

INI:
    Sub Event_YouGotTell(Message, Fwho, Swhat)
        | The Fwho.Equal[${Me.CleanName}'s pet] does NOT work, so I split it to 2 Finds and this works.
        /if ((${Me.Pet.ID} && ${Spawn[${Fwho}].ID}==${Me.Pet.ID}) || (${Fwho.Find[${Me.CleanName}]} && ${Fwho.Find[s pet]})) /return
        /if (!${Me.Pet.ID} && ${Swhat.Find[, master.]} && ${Swhat.Find[I am unable to wake an]}) /return
        /if (${Select[${Spawn[=${Fwho}].Type},NPC,PET]}) /return
        /echo ====> ${Fwho} Sent you a Tell: ${Swhat} <====
        /beep
        /doevents flush YouGotTell
    /return

That's just the basics. you can add your own custom code to the routine.

Plugin - Audio Trigger for Tells???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back