• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Attempting to make a condition. (1 Viewer)

Magetank

RedCents
Trying to make a condition that checks class before casting "Berserker Spirit" or whichever Rune/Str buff for my enchanter.

For the Buffs section I'm guessing...

Buffs2=Clarity
Buffs3=Berserker Spirit|Cond1

With this as an added condition...

Cond1=${Target.Class.Name[Berserker].ID} && !${Target.Buff[Berserker Spirit].ID}

Figured I'd check with the pros before I blew something up.

Last edited:
Trying to make a condition that checks class before casting "Berserker Spirit" or whichever Rune/Str buff for my enchanter.

For the Buffs section I'm guessing...

Buffs2=Clarity

Cond1={$[Target.Class.Name.]Berserker} && !${Target.Buff[Berserker Spirit].ID}

Figured I'd check with the pros before I blew something up.
one of the best things to do to check if your condition is a good condition is learn to utilize echo and /if

for example

if you target your berzerker and do a /echo {$[Target.Class.Name.]Berserker} && !${Target.Buff[Berserker Spirit].ID} it doesn't work because the syntax is a bit wrong - but we can fix it
1613114014308.png

/echo ${Target.Class.Name.Equal[Berserker]} && !${Target.Buff[Berserker Spirit].ID}
while targetting an sk
1613114071289.png

now the !NULL sounds a little confusing - but its because of the echo

if instead of the echo you did an if with an echo saying it worked

/if (${Target.Class.Name.Equal[Berserker]} && !${Target.Buff[Berserker Spirit].ID}) /echo Target Class is Berzerker and it doesn't have Berskerer Spirit
Targeting a berserker and checking with the if statement
1613114226101.png

if you notice using an /if you need /if (this condition is true) /do something

I just started with Kissassist, but after seeing the Windows of your "Off-Toons" I may make the conversion.

From what I gathered from what you said above, that... should... work?

I'll check out the /echo stuff after I re-read all of that. The guides touched on it, I was just hoping I got the logic/TLOs/Data Types right out of the gate.

Edit: Never mind, rereading... Syntax was off. Thanks again for pointing that out.

I just started with Kissassist, but after seeing the Windows of your "Off-Toons" I may make the conversion.

From what I gathered from what you said above, that... should... work?

I'll check out the /echo stuff after I re-read all of that. The guides touched on it, I was just hoping I got the logic/TLOs/Data Types right out of the gate.
well like i said above, your syntax was a bit off

So, incase someone has the same deal, and didn't see it above...

For the Buffs section:

Buffs2=Clarity

Cond1=(${Target.Class.Name.Equal[Berserker]} && !${Target.Buff[Berserker Spirit].ID})

Should work?

Going to have to add the buff checking portion to the DPS section of my SK as well. Have it check of Hate and Pain Recourse as well as HP pipe.

Like:

DPS1=Infectious Cloud|95
DPS2=Scream of Hate|90|Cond1
DPS3=Scream of Terror|85|Cond2

Cond1=(!${Me.Buff[Scream of Hate Recourse].ID})
Cond2=(!${Me.Buff[Scream of Pain Recourse].ID})

I'll have to mess with it some more. I'll run my syntax through some /echos and finally bust out that MQ2Notebook Plugin.

Last edited:
Question - Attempting to make a condition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back