• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

@ Anyone who's played TBC beta (1 Viewer)

Lesson25

RedCents
(I feel like I am the only one I know who hasn't these days...)

How accessible (& by what means) is the BE starting area? Do you need TBC to get there? Can alliance get there w/o too much trouble? I've been trying to find the answers to these questions by wading through the tons of stuff others have already written; however, everything is too focused on tell me how beautiful it is & noone bothers to mention how you actually get there, short of rerolling BE.

I haven't played the Beta, but you know that section of Eastern plaguelands right now that has the fallen trees in the north-east, the one that blocks the road? It goes bye-bye on January 16th. Then you can just stroll your happy ass down the road there to see the new starting area. or, you can take a boat from somewhere (I'm thinking Ratchet) to the area. I think those are the ways into it. but I am not in the beta, so I could be WAY off. heh, I prolly am, too. awesome.

The trees are already removed. But if you try to enter, it clearly says "You must have the Burning Crusade expansion installed to enter this area."

So, I presume physical access won't be a problem--assuming I can get my hands on a TBC key--what about interference? I would think an ally 60 on an epic mount would be able to blow through, but the level-65 guards hit fairly hard & dismount, so if there's enough of them...

you can't simply run into the zone. what they did is made the areas completely new zones. like you have to LOAD into it. it's similiar to the difference between eastern kingdoms and kalimdor. so thats how you won't get there. you won't be able to zone in without TBC

yes, but I think he is more worried about Alliance griefing at this point. I don't know exactly what steps Blizz has taken to prevent it, but I think they will have SOMETHING in place to try to prevent it. Maybe. Or maybe I give them too much credit.

You get there north of EPL. Ghostlands and Eversong are both Horde zones though so you don't have to worry about griefing.

Standing room only on Belf Island!

I'm not worried about griefing persay, but being 1 in a bazillion other female Blood Elf paladins/mages who will be flooding the stating zones making questing all but impossible. >:( I'll probably make my Belf toons, then get the hell out of the new starting zones and try to get to someplace quiet like Mulgore or Duotar, where there will be NOBODY making "old school" characters, and level up there.

The starting zones are not going any place, so I can go back there later and do the quests there, when everybody else moves on.

I did the Draenei area in TBC beta and it was only exp up until about 20 so I will probably just say to hell with it and move to Elwynn or something assuming I don't just say screw it and play Vanguard instead.

I think alliance will be just fine entering the BE starting area, just like the other horde starting area's, they are just PvP-disabled from alliance-to-horde. But I didn't play beta either :o
Tonight I'll know for sure...7 hours until I'll have TBC, now praying the servers will actually function as intended :ohyeah:

yes, but I think he is more worried about Alliance griefing at this point. I don't know exactly what steps Blizz has taken to prevent it, but I think they will have SOMETHING in place to try to prevent it. Maybe. Or maybe I give them too much credit.

Oh no you mistook me--I was intending on being the grief-er, not the grief-ee. :angel:

I am mostly concerned now about NPC-interference--for instance, I know to reach the troll/orc starting area you need to run through that narror mountain pass in Durotar w/ the 60-ish guards, or through a guarded tunnel to reach the dwarf/gnome start area. The NE start area is virtually impenetrable. Every start area, it seems, has some type of choke-point w/ guards to discourage intruders.

Oh & yes I realize that noone will be PvP-flagged; I see that just as one of many challenges.

Oh. Well I don't know much about that, b/c the only time I got griefed was when I bought the game back in 2004, and tried to heal an NPC gaurd that a lvl 40-something was fighting. I didn't know that that would flag me, and then he proceeded to slaughter and Corpse Camp me. So I rolled a rogue. And by the time I had levelled to the point I should be back in the area I was at, he was gone, so I switched back. Never healed an NPC again.

For the record: its fairly easy to access. There's a few level-65 gaurds stationed along the way but no real problem when I was on my epic mount; I imagine its not much more difficult to avoid on a normal mount. The only thing is their aggro radius is huge & they resist spells like a mo'fo' so if one or more comes after you either bring your A-game or run like hell. Or just level to 61. :-P

I am mostly concerned now about NPC-interference--for instance, I know to reach the troll/orc starting area you need to run through that narror mountain pass in Durotar w/ the 60-ish guards

The Orc/Troll area has a nice backdoor entrance with no guards, the same as the human starting area which is open from all sides. Anyway, you enter by just heading to the area from Ratchet, swim across the river, run up into the mountains, and pass right through.

Anyway, why check those area's...when there is so much to do/see in Outlands :D Belf-area can wait. Did a few Hellfire Ramparts & Blood Furnace runs, and I can tell you, go there! Way more interesting then starting area's, and ofcourse all those greens/blues to replace your treasured epix :(

I tried starting up my Draenei warrior last night but by level nine I was bored as hell. WoW classes seem so lame after playing Vanguard. I am not sure I can keep myself interested in this much longer. Thankfully Vanguard releases in a couple of weeks~

I tried starting up my Draenei warrior last night but by level nine I was bored as hell. WoW classes seem so lame after playing Vanguard. I am not sure I can keep myself interested in this much longer. Thankfully Vanguard releases in a couple of weeks~

Have you played around with the new stuff in Outlands yet? Done Hellfire Citadel: Ramparts & Blood Furnace yet? And especially Blood Furnace...just walking in the instance will take your breath! That's the real interesting part, the new Outlands stuff...so if you haven't tried it yet, GO GO!

Have you played around with the new stuff in Outlands yet? Done Hellfire Citadel: Ramparts & Blood Furnace yet? And especially Blood Furnace...just walking in the instance will take your breath! That's the real interesting part, the new Outlands stuff...so if you haven't tried it yet, GO GO!

No I haven't tried any of that. But it's still WoW with meaningless PvP, instanced content (which imo ruins any mmo when a large enough portion of the game is instanced), meaningless death penalties (yes I know all about repairs my rogue is ~16g to repair not including damaged resist gear), etc... Fuck if they had at least released a new class I could probably suck it up and find some fun with that but they didn't. So yeah while I still think WoW is a good game overall it's just seriously lost its appeal. After years of other games I can only take so much of Fischer Price's "My First MMO". *shrug* If I hadn't played Vanguard I think I would be more content with it but I have sooo... yeah

Meh for me it is the community. I play because my friends play and it is a way to spend time with them. Plus, I like the simplicity. It comes to a point I got tired of heavy death penalities and such. I still refuse to play on anything but a PVP server though. PvP 4 lyfe.

This thread is way too serious.

btw have any you noticed how small Bloodelfs really are??? Tiny! Shorter than orcs which means they must be smaller than humans.

This of course will mean that a Night elf will pwn a Blood elf because size is everything.

They should be called Blood Pixies.

I was alt tapped on my Blood elf paladin in Ashenvale. When I came back, a Night Elf rogue was tapping me. I was lvl 25 and he/she was 28. They were like cute love taps. I killed them. :-( When I waved later, they just ran away and wouldn't say Hi.

When 24 I saw two night elf hunters (25 and 24) in barrens killing a couple quest givers, so I killed the 25 in about 5 seconds, chased the 24 down (he started running), killed him and when I turned around the 25 was ressed so I killed him again.

Morale of the story? Paladins are overpowered.

There is a good reason to stay in the new areas if you've started a Belf or Drani:

There are outposts that give reasonable items for friendly or honoured rep, like in Tranquillen.

"Oh no!", I hear you say, "not MORE rep grinding?". Well yeh, except you get 1000 rep for each quest you complete as opposed to the hellholes that were Cenarion and Argent dawn where you get like +1 rep for taking down Emmissary Khan.

Hey morty, you may have pwned some n00bs and pallies may be imba but Belfs are really tiny! And they dance soooo gay, its a h00t!

Must admit, playing a Belf has made playing horde pallatable to me. I have a orc hunter who I just can't stand playing - his ugliness offends me so!

Heh, I don't pay much attention to the dancing.

The emotes slay me though. The male ones are pretty good such as "Don't you wish your girlfriend was hot like me?" but the great ones are the female ones such as "NO NO NO! I won't do that...... but my sister will." or "Normally I only ride epic mounts... but lets talk." or my personal favorite "I'm the girl the ESRB warned you about."

@ Anyone who's played TBC beta

Users who are viewing this thread

Back