• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Any way to toggle UI off if client is in background? (Or check if UI is visible?) (1 Viewer)

RedCents
70¢
So I just did a quick test of disabling the UI for each EQ client (10 total) and my CPU went from 42% to 34% and GPU went from 65% to 37% total.

It seems like there should be a way to toggle off the UI for each client that's in the background, then toggle it back on when in focus.

I already solved the first part.

/if (!${Everquest.Foreground}) {

< put code here to check if UI is visible, maybe even check if window opacity is zero? >

/keypress F10
}

I tried to google this and checked all the data types for ${Window} and ${Everquest} but found nothing related to UI visibility...

Thanks.

I don't have level 2 access atm. Is that a paid plugin?

Anyway just realized I can auto hide/show specific UI windows. The map window takes up 2% GPU per client, so that will probably be enough so I don't need to buy a new graphics card if I keep adding new boxes.

framelimiter basically you set the bg fps slider to 1, and the fg slider to 60fps and make sure the framelimitng of both is turned on, and then your cpu usage is gonna be like nil
for the background dont turn on to render the world or the ui's and you will have maybe 3% cpu usage tops

Question - Any way to toggle UI off if client is in background? (Or check if UI is visible?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back