• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Another group comp question (1 Viewer)

Gohast

RedCents
825¢
So I'm currently running WAR,CLR,BRD,BER,BER,ROG. The warrior is 106 and the rest are in the high 90s catching up. My question is how important is slow in the upcoming levels? Would it be better to drop the ROG for a BST or maybe another BER? Or maybe drop the cleric in favor of a shaman? Any insight is appreciated!

Bst adds a lot to the group, even outside of slow, and does some righteous dps as well. You would probably see an overall improvement in your group swapping rog for bst. A lot of people use shaman as main healer in their groups, but i personally prefer the cleric. Now you could drop Rog and bring in shaman instead of Bst, then you have extra healing but also still have the adps that shaman bring to melee groups. You could also keep the Rog and drop one of the Zerks to bring in sham or Bst. My main group is SK/cleric/ench/zerk/rog/bst. I'm not lacking for dps at all and there is nothing that I haven't been able to accomplish with that group.

Make the bard slow, maybe just on named. They have a long lasting one and you can swap out an attack/proc buff for it as needed. The big exception will be like ToV Kael or missions where you can't mezz anything, then you want good splitting or AE slows.

I run a slower in every group, but the 25% slow/cripple proc tank belts (Crippling Slicer) help a lot. I don't bother to "debuffall" and slow all mobs anymore, just the main target and let the mezzer get things under control. I feel like slow is still a big deal on Named, but not so much on trash. With trash it really seems like that 2-3 seconds you're casting slow, you should just go damage since the fights are like 10-20 seconds anyways.

That said, you could get higher DPS if you swap to a shammy healer. Shammy is a little tougher to run than cleric, but very workable. The three things I miss from cleric are "shining" mitigation (run EoK wurmy for instead if needed), the big HP boost from cleric dicho/dis heal & DivArb/epic insta heals. Sham work well with war though because they have that direct HP temp buff which knights already get. You'd also get a tiny bit more mitigation on your warrior from focus's stat boost and the 11% evasion buff. If you go shammy, get their epic too. One of the best melee buffs in game still.

Bst is a popular swap in for 6th melee DPS or running Zerk(x3). BST covers a lot of what sham provides + more atk/weapon delay reduc, so if you go sham you can keep cleric for more stacking HP buffs. Zerk(x3) lets you share the direct target debuffs that add to frenzy and use your alliance/covenant (really only useful on named or giants.)

Rog is a totally fine 6th too though. Poisons for all melee and their aura are nice.

If you're staying FTP with no expacs, then grabbing the ToV T1 gear in Bazaar for your tank will put your really high on AC for RoS content. It will feel like you're in raid gear for most areas so slow becomes less critical.

Last edited:
So I'm currently running WAR,CLR,BRD,BER,BER,ROG. The warrior is 106 and the rest are in the high 90s catching up. My question is how important is slow in the upcoming levels? Would it be better to drop the ROG for a BST or maybe another BER? Or maybe drop the cleric in favor of a shaman? Any insight is appreciated!
I love have a Shm in my allnmelee group, not sure I could live without one now lol

Depending on what you plan to do adding a SHM might not be a bad idea. Two healers makes a lot of the group stuff easier to do. I had 3 BER for most of TBL but went to a SHM towards the end of the xpac and into TOV. I was happy to have the second healer in Kael for instance. Sure, 3 BER will allow you to kill faster but the real question is how long is a corpse run and set up verses the dps of 1 BER compared the the dps of a SHM. I was wasting too much time for my liking doing things multiple times and running around after wiping.

Question - Another group comp question

Users who are viewing this thread

Back