• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Annoying Spam in both MQ Window and BCCMD (1 Viewer)

DSxHorton89

RedCents
320¢
Having an annoying issue, where im constantly getting spammed by pulling messages, waiting messages, and every single little thing my toon does. Is there any way to silence some, or all? Please see the attached files below for clarification.

Edit: Reason for post: I'm mainly trying to just have atleast one clear window, where I can use MQ2Relaytells or use the bccmd toggle tellwatch, so I can watch for any messages I may miss while driving my main toon...Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• spam-1.jpg
    spam-1.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 43
  • spam-2.jpg
    spam-2.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 43
Right? Really annoying! I understand it's nice to make sure your toon is using the skills properly...but when you've figured out your kiss ini is good to go...enough is enough lol.

This may have been tried already, but have you turned off in your ini: EQBCOn=0 ?

EQBCOn

0/1/2|Channel

0=Off/1=On,|ChannelName - Messages for Mez, Heals, Pulls and Tanking in MQ2EQBC. See EQBC for more info.

EQBCOn=0 will stop a KA toon from broadcasting to the other toons about tanking/pulls/mez/heals. But you'll still announce all your personal KA activity in the MQ2 window. You can set it to 0 and turn off the DPS announcements (DPSMeter=0) via the ini, that will reduce the overall spam.

I think that internal dialogue of what your toon is doing is just built into the KA code, not a ini setting.

You can split out another EQBC window though, which will show incoming messages.

/bccmd toggle window

Then drag the window to the side abit, it should be all incoming stuff to you want to monitor and you can ignore the main MQ2 window stuff. Same command will close it if you don't need it anymore.

Other commands and settings, like if you want to split stuff to a channel, are on the EQBC page.

BeepOnTells or FlashOnTells in the Macroquest.ini are also nice features if you want more notice of incoming tells to background toons. If you need more notice, consider setting up mq2gmail or mq2discord to get notices on your phone too.

You have EQBCOn=0 on all toons and restarted them? Is the puller the screen you'll have on front?

I'm watching on my pullertank and I don't get pull messages in extra window, but maybe you do get them if you're in the "waiting 5 seconds" part of not finding mobs.

The mq2 window will get spammed. I don't think any setting will change that.

Question - Annoying Spam in both MQ Window and BCCMD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back