• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Am lost with this problem... (1 Viewer)

gardenia

RedCents
This is similar to what I posted before....

Have 2 computers..run exact same MQ2 compile on both .....

My paladin can be run other either computer with MQ2...(and lots of plugins)..warps...zones...no problem at all.

My bard....I alt-tab out of EQ, and execute the Mq2 program (just like I do for my paladin) it will CTD with EQ error window saying "eqgame.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience---------If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost"

I tried my bard on both computers..same result....try my paladin using same mq2 folder..no problem at all.

I even downloaded 2 other compiles and the same thing happen...I did not even have a chance to load a plugin....

I would be thankful for any ideas at all......

Your char files might be damaged / corrupt. Try deleting / backing up and removing all files with your bards name in them, and then log into EQ. Also try it without using MQ2 and se if it works normally.

I will try removing all those files (err backing them up i mean) ...but yes I am able to play with not problem if i don't load mq2 (I can even alt-tab out back and forth with no problem as long as i don't execute the mq2 program)

nope...i am one of the dumb ones that don't compile myself ;)

I have used all the current compiles listed....

what i am doing now is loggin my 3rd computer on which has never had my bard on it before.....will try it...its slow as hell, but at least i know the files can't be corrupt yet because there are none on that one...but if it does not work on that one....wow....

I also killed my bard, rez'd him...then went into a different zone and tried mq...it was a little different..thoguht it was going to work but it only showed up a little of the eq screen instead of going to my desktop...had to ctrl-alt -del out of it....then i got the normal error i was getting before.

damn..have to get dx9 on my older computer..this test will take a little while :(

lol..it worked on my old computer....guess I will have to wipe out those files...shit that sucks...had sooooo many buttons just for my little bard...can't believe both computers files went corrupt just for that one toon at the same time.

who knows...i will probably erase them and the bard still won't work on my other 2 computers.

Just rename whatever files you're talking about first to see if that's your problem. If it's not you can go back to using them and not have to remake them.

plink

Am lost with this problem...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back