• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

AFK Macro Question (1 Viewer)

childofbodom5100

RedCents
Actual Question: Sorry if this question is noob-a-rific, but is the only way to get caught using an AFK xp macro if someone reports you, or a GM sees you?

Reason (and Included Random Idea): Because I was thinking of trying (Or, since I can't make macros worth sh*t, ask someone else, who would love to be very, very nice and become my best friend, to do it) to make a basic macro for AFK kiting icefall spiders and PLing my cleric.
It would just be a regular AFK necro kiting macro except:

For Necro:
OOC/Shout: If anyone /shouts or /ooc "camp check", macro wait 10 seconds and /oocs "spiders."
Tell/Say (Word "join" included): If anyone /tells or /says anything with the word "join" in it, it will wait 15 seconds and then /say or /reply one of these three: "No, thank you though," "Maybe later," or "Not right now." (This way, whether a friend /tells asking if you want to join his grp or if someone asks to join yours, both are taken care of.)
Tell/Say (Word "join" not included): If they /tell or /say anything *not* including the word "join" then it will reply "busy... hold on," "kiting wait a sec," or "cant talk now"
Guild: If anyone uses your name directly in /guildsay, wait 20 seconds and respond /gu "busy," "talk to me in a few hours," or "Gouda...?"
Medding: If not in combat, necro meds if he is below 20m.
If Necro dies, wait for (then accept) rez, mem and cast pre-fight spells (DS, pet, pet haste, DMF, etc) then med to full

For Cleric:
Sit on horse the entire time
/afk 2-boxing! Send tells to <NecrosNameGoesHere>
If Necros HP falls below 35%, cast CH,
If Out of Range, recast until it sticks
If Necro dies (doubt it), Use Cloudy Pot, /targ "<NecrosName>'s corpse," drag corpse to a safe wall, and click rezzy stick (or cast highest available rez).

For Both toons:
Start in 0% AA xp
If 20% into level 75 is attained, switch to 100% AA xp and begin to farm AAs.

Just thought it'd be a good idea, since Icefall is the best solo xp I've ever gotten in my entire life (even without Lesson AA and XP Pots from DoN: 1.212% per kill at 73 w/ 58 cleric in group), but like everything in EQ, it takes forever. And since groups apparently hate Necros on my server now, I am forced to do a lot of soloing. (Sure, soloing is easy for a Necro, but I enjoy groups, where I can just wrack, snare, then sit back and leach the xp until my fat belly is full.)

*NOTE: I am a complete noob, no doubt about it, so if something like this is already up, let me know.
**NOTE: I am still a complete noob, so I beg of you... don't hurt me!!
***NOTE: If Sony can tell if your AFK XP macroing (w/o an eye-witness), then just ignore me because I'm an idiot and STILL a complete noob...

A macro can only be covering one event at a time, as far as I know. I think what you're asking for can be done, but it will be on the level of the billion line bard macros we've seen here. I wouldn't expect anyone to jump on this, but maybe people can help with pieces and eventually build a really great macro. You're on the right track with your ideas.

What would be really neat is an afk plugin that just recognizes and replies to chat events. Then you could build the macro w/o worrying about that stuff delaying your combat events.

The bad thing is this is a very populated camp. The spiders drop RK.II spells and someone is always there. (on my server anyways) I tend to stay away from anyone with my AFK macros

And macros are very "robotic" I can spot an AFKer a mile away. The CH at 35% will prolly get your cleric agro as well. My AFK macros are random. To make them seem less "robotic". /circle is also giving probs atm too from what i hear. but i dont know cause i dont kite.

Now as far as the /tells /ooc this can be coded. But you can get caught from it as well. Sounds weird but let just say someone /ooc's "That guy better stop calling out camp check every 5 mins!!!" then your macro calls out "spiders" Not that that would happen but you never know. Or they call out to another player like "hey playernamethatisnotyou come join me?" And yours says "no thanks" Its too hard to think of the variables. I like to stay quite myself and if someone comes close to me i /say well guys got to go then other toon says yea me too /camp /endmacro. So just be careful and when you do get an AFK mac try and keep it to yourself.

Just my 2.5 cp

Ah yea, I could see what you mean... but ooc part wouldn't respond to "join," just say and tell. My necro hardly gets hit (except when I lag) and usually by that time I have done at least 30-50% of the damage.

I usually only go to this camp at like 3 AM CST, so theres like 4 people in zone.

Oh well, thanks anyways heh... thought I'd ask just for kicks.

AFK Macro Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Back