• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Advice on Starting over (1 Viewer)

minen

RedCents
I'm starting on a new server. I'm gonna play a chanter because thats what my friends' guild needs most. I have thought about it and figured it might be one of the harder classes to get afk macro XP with. I don't want to bother them (my friends) with asking them to PL me. Once i hit 52 Ill just do taskmaster and risk teh ban, but does anyone have any tricks or tips on 1- 52? Any adivce is appreciated.

I did fob/kurns to 12 then i went to pc till 20. The xp was just to slow after that so i did MMs till i threw up. im 60 now and it only took like a month to get there. The only bad thing is your skills. So i made an afk casting macro to sit and cast in GH pool. Took 24hrs of that to get my skills to a decent level. Every once in a while id get a group in OT at 25 or Echo caverns is really nice xp till i think 40 or so. Also DSP and greigs. but really didnt do any other zones. I know this isnt much help but its what i did :) hope it helps

taskmaster is a great way to put on levels, but i do believe the risks are understated. Assuming you actually dodge the ban stick, people will see you and remember you. You run a risk of public ridicule and defacing your friends and future guild ... just keep that in mind.

GMs have handed out a ton of bans on my server with this, and ban people daily because it's so easy to monitor seeing as people have to go afk for hours doing it. All a gm has to do is log in once ever 3-4 hours and sit in dreadlands for 10 minutes. He'll catch anyone using it in a heartbeat. Anyone in dreadlands, KC, or the other associated zones (KC being the worst) are also serious risk factors. All it takes is one petition stating they thought you were doing something illegal and you'll get busted. This is what happened to me. A questioning peition was sent in by a concerned player ... gm checks logs and bans.

I got one of my alt accounts banned with this, and the dozen or so I'd randomly see doing it as well are also no longer anywhere to be found. I got greedy and milked it for a little too long.

Anywho if you don't mind losing your account for good, than i'd say the risk/reward isn't too bad. If losing your account would hurt/bother you, then it really isn't worth it. I'd rate your chances of getting caught at greater than 80% if you plan on running very much ... and that's assuming you get lucky.

I have stuck with current hotzones and it has done well for me lvl'ing new toons. I stick with fob till 12, then kurns till around 20. After that, netherbian lair up to around 26-27. I then go to echo till around 35, then scarlet desert and pull to the twilight zl. After that, scarlet is great up till about 54. As you get to around 40, head back and pull to the GE zl.

Advice on Starting over

Users who are viewing this thread

Back