• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Advice needed! (1 Viewer)

RedDog

RedCents
I figure what better place to ask for advice or suggestions then here, since my guess is this is the group that would have the most experience at this

This past weekend I had 2 of my accts suspended. The email that I got (finally, after a few tries) said it was suspended, with a review for potential termination, because I was reportedly using 3rd party software to move through a zone without risk of harm. I am assuming that's Warp and possibly Zone.

It's been 5+ days and the account status has remained Suspended. I haven't replied to the email in any way as of yet. I was waiting to see if there was any change in status before I opened my mouth one way or the other.

I'm wondering where to go from here? Wait for some further action from SOE? Reply with some sort of 'concerned customer' response? What's worked for you guys in the past? And what kind of a time frame is realistic before I start giving up hope?

Explain what you were doing and why you think you were busted....then also explain what you were doing that you think you weren't busted for.

After you give this info, you might have a few options.

I was running some LSMM on Sat and Sun for maybe 2 hours each day, using Cry's macro. The chars never sat in LS. Never warped around LS. Never AFK, never saw anything unusual. No random tells from anyone I didn't know. I had 4 - 6 accts going for the 2 days. Only 2 were suspended of those 6.

The 2 that were suspended also ran about 5 AdvTask (Warp) missions each on Sat night and 1 or 2 on Sunday morning. I never ran more than that since I was having trouble getting the macro to work right, so I gave up after about 1 AA each. Again, no unuaul activity. No random tells, no GMs present anywhere that I could tell.

Past History:
Warp Moderately
Zone Moderately
Item Xfers A few about a year or more ago. Plugin used between accts, not the DoCrack shared back

If I had to guess I'd say it was the DL tasks that did it, more than the LSMMs.

So what do I tell SoE?

Last edited:
Bleh I hate these entry screens. I had a whole message typed out and went to preview it and got a Stack Overflow.

Anyway, long story short, I was checking my acct, like I have been for the last week, and on the View Subscriptions page, where it shows acct status and stuff, it says Account Status: Suspended. Then further down it lists the Acct Opened Date, Open until date and subscription plan. All correct information.

But below that, where on all of my active accts it has my current billing info, there's nothing. Just the buttons for the choices, like Update Players and View Station Account. There is no option to Cancel Subscription.

Below all that it does say however "You cannot modify your subscription until the account has been closed."

Is that normal when an account is suspended or are they telling me something?

Advice needed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back