• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Adv Loot (1 Viewer)

RedCents
3,363¢
OK I have two questions. First why does ADV loot not work now that I loaded MQ2? Second question why do my two mages move to the target when I hit my engage button?

/pause 5, /bca //target id ${Target.ID}
/pause 5. /bca //pet attack
/pause 20, /bca //cast 3
/pause 20, /bca //alt activate 8800
/pause 20, /bct //Arrm alt activate 1041

What I am wanting to do it to make both mages target my target, send in pets, cast RS pet, cast force of elements and one mage cast malo. For some reason when I click the the mages do as told, but they also move around constantly. I have a sneaky suspicion that the culprit is the mage .ini that I copied and pasted. while waiting for an answer I think I will delete those .ini's and see if that fixes it.

ok i am using kiss and when i deleted the ini fine and started over they stopped doing that so it must be that file i copied. I figured out the culprit with the loot. for some reason i had adv loot off on the toon i was controlling. Do you by chance know the setting to not auto loot no drop items? I have the guy with the most bag space looting, but some of the gear dropping is useful on other toons, but he is auto looting the no drop stuff.

ok i am using kiss and when i deleted the ini fine and started over they stopped doing that so it must be that file i copied. I figured out the culprit with the loot. for some reason i had adv loot off on the toon i was controlling. Do you by chance know the setting to not auto loot no drop items? I have the guy with the most bag space looting, but some of the gear dropping is useful on other toons, but he is auto looting the no drop stuff.

You need to edit your loot.ini file to set all the gear drops to the classes you want them to go to. Here's an example from my own loot.ini file...

INI:
Aluminum Coil Spring=Gear|Classes|MAG|ENC|NumberToLoot|1|

Just FYI, I never trust AdvLoot with namer mobs loot drops. Before the mob dies or the chest gets opened I type /autoloot turn off on my master looter so that I can manually decide where each piece of gear goes. I've wasted some extremely rare gear by forgetting this. Some nice people on this board have shared lists of all the rare loot and a person could manually merge their lists with my own loot.ini but I've never cared to take the hours that would require. Of course that would change if I ever decided to violate the EULA and camp mobs while AFK.

You need to edit your loot.ini file to set all the gear drops to the classes you want them to go to. Here's an example from my own loot.ini file...

INI:
Aluminum Coil Spring=Gear|Classes|MAG|ENC|NumberToLoot|1|

Just FYI, I never trust AdvLoot with namer mobs loot drops. Before the mob dies or the chest gets opened I type /autoloot turn off on my master looter so that I can manually decide where each piece of gear goes. I've wasted some extremely rare gear by forgetting this. Some nice people on this board have shared lists of all the rare loot and a person could manually merge their lists with my own loot.ini but I've never cared to take the hours that would require. Of course that would change if I ever decided to violate the EULA and camp mobs while AFK.
You don't need to pre-configure every item unless you're afk and want complete unattended looting. If you set MQ2AutoLoot to default all NO DROP items that are not already in the loot.ini file to "Ignore", then it will leave all those items on the corpse (or chest) and allow you to manually pick them. No more having to remember to toggle loot on and off and risk forgetting.

Question - Adv Loot

Users who are viewing this thread

Back