• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

ACK - Sigh.... (1 Viewer)

Ferny50

RedCents
Hacks and Exploits

As any developer will tell you, we get into this industry because we enjoy games and we enjoy making them. That is why I dislike even having to mention hacks and exploits, but it is a reality that needs to be addressed.

As many of you know, we've spent a significant amount of time on our reporting systems to detect various hacks and exploits. The end result will provide a really positive impact. For example, without the reporting tools, we took action on over 1,000 accounts during the month of October. Although that number may seem high, the numbers generated by our reporting tools are considerably higher. These tools are currently limited to generating reports, but we are rapidly approaching a time where these will be used in a more robust manner. I won't go into detail, but I'd like to encourage anyone playing outside the natural boundaries of EverQuest to get back in those boundaries. Whatever advancement these exploits provide to individuals is not worth the damage that it does to the EverQuest community. Consider this fair warning.

copied and pasted from the following link on Sony's website.
http://eqlive.station.sony.com/news_section/newsview.jsp?story=50034

Pfft me stop cheating yea right lmfao. BAN ME IF YOU DARE MUHAHAHAHA!!!! (so what if I'm banned EQ has went down the toliet anyhow)

SOE can kiss my @$$ for all I care....

Last edited by a moderator:
I won't go into detail, but I'd like to encourage anyone playing outside the natural boundaries of EverQuest to get back in those boundaries. Whatever advancement these exploits provide to individuals is not worth the damage that it does to the EverQuest community.

Translate into :

Please please, we're losing money at an alarming rate. Don't make us commit suicide, and please make it feasible to actually ban hackers. If we really wanted to get rid of you, we would have put in some cheat detection nearly seven years ago!

Here is what a dev said about it
There seem to be a number of questions and concerns from the community over some of the comments I made in the recent producer's letter regarding hacks and exploits. For obvious reasons, I'm not going to go into detail regarding what these tools specifically do, but let me take a few moments to clear things up and hopefully calm some of your fears.
The EverQuest process does not and will not access any files on your hard-drive or memory on your machine that is not within the EverQuest directory or in the EverQuest process space.

If you have opted in to send us your hardware information then we do collect information such as your video card, CPU speed and total RAM. We use this information to ensure that new features have the proper fall back solutions based on our current user hardware configurations, but that is as far as we go outside of the EverQuest directory or the EverQuest process space.

Hope this clears things up.

-Zorillius
http://eqforums.station.sony.com/eq/board/message?board.id=Veterans&message.id=137639#M137639
So basicly serverside checks only. :D

So what we are saying here is really nothing and trying to make sure you dont find out about it. Keep Hacking and We might get to you someday in the future.... possibly... Oh alright I made up the number of users banned... sigh you guys are just too dang good.

ACK - Sigh....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back