• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

About Redgroup: NexusInfo (1 Viewer)

Erol-Tob

RedCents
Hello everyone, I am posting this on the general board because we will always be accepting people without and with subscriptions to Redguides.

To give you a bit of background info on the game and my experiences with the game this is how I started and why I enjoyed it.

First off the game is called NexusTK... It was originally done by NEXON, who made DarkAges, Shattered Galaxy and Maplestory. They created the game based on Ancient Korean Mythology. Most of the game is based around RP. Sure there is tons of hunting, and acquiring of items and the exploration of the kingdoms-but for the most part it is RP. There are 4 classes you can choose from after you hit level 5 (level cap is 99; but that doesn't limit other things which will be explained later).

You can choose from the Warrior, which is a common and well known class in any game. He is the big tough guy who is always in direct contact with mobs. The Rogue, who is a sneaky guy who can use invisible and attack people from behind for lots of damage, another heavily direct contact class. The third, Mage, is a long distance fighter who strikes their foes down with the elements. Although they cannot take much damage, they have a number of spells to stop a monster in its tracks unable to move or attack. Last but not least is the Poet. The poet is the healer class, their main role in the kingdoms is to heal, but do not mistake them for just a healer, they have a large assortment of damaging and minion spells (summons a minion to protect them).

Within each of these classes there are 3 Player Controlled Subpaths, and 1 NPC controlled subpaths.

They are as follows:
---PC Controlled---
Warrior - Do, Chongun & Barbarian
Rogue - Spy, Ranger & Merchant
Mage - Diviner, Geomancer & Shaman
Poet - Muse, Druid & Monk

---NPC Controlled---
Warrior - Chung Ryung
Rogue - Baekho
Mage - Ju Jak
Poet - Hyun Moo

They all have their distinct strengths and weaknesses.
-----

As well as subpaths there are clans & armies.
There are also rulers (kings/queens) for each nation, which are controlled by "game masters"

---

As far as hunting goes, there are numerous areas for hunting.
For new players you kill squirrels and rabbits till you can hunt in mythic nexus which is an area for hunting where you need a group in most cases, from rabbits all the way up to dragons.

---

Events are also a key part within the game, at the time of me writing this, a Pirate event is going on, where you can choose to help the Pirates or the Han army. It is a lot of fun and a good way to meet people.

There are events made by the game designers and events held by subpaths (which are extremely creative), such as muses who hold plays. Spy's who hold assassination events. etc etc.

---

PVP is also another fun part about nexus, sure it is 2d, but keep an open mind, because you would be very surprised how creative PVP can be.
There is Sire Pit pvp, which is just a room for PvP, there is no real reward for sire pvp, but others such as Fox Hunts, where you have 2 teams of 5 and you need to trap each others' fox (which is extremely difficult btw); Elixir wars, where you need to shoot people with arrows dyeing their clothes to designate if they have been shot (2d paintball =P)... Carnage events which is a team deathmatch basically, LOTS of fun and the prizes for all of these events are sexy!

---

I didn't explain every aspect of the game too indepth, I just wanted to spark your interests into trying it out.

Right now there is a free trial, where you can play up to level 49.

Which reminds me... Levels..
There are 99 levels, but this is where it gets fun, after you hit 99... You sell your experience for stats such as strength, grace and will (all max at like 130) and you can also buy VITA and MANA... the higher you go up in vita and or mana, the caves change... for instance... Dragon 1's minimum requirements are level 99... so you hit 99 and you can enter, but if you sell enough experience to get you to 200,000 Vitality or 100,000 Mana the cave changes to Dragon 2, which makes the dragons hit for the same as Dragon1's dragons would if you just hit 99. It might be confusing, but I will explain a lot more indepth if we get the redgroup up and running...

So PLEASE vote for it if you like the idea of the game or whatever. I love the game and I played for 1 year then quit and came back recently (graphics got revamped from before when I played.)

Graphics when I played a long time ago:
TK0289-1.jpg

And now..
sc16.gif

About Redgroup: NexusInfo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back