• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

AA faster at 65 or 66? (1 Viewer)

grassdunes

RedCents
I have started to run one of the Bard kite macros in HoH. My bard is lvl 66. WIll I get AA faster if I delevel him to 65? I seem to remember 66 was much slower AA in PoFire on a different toon, but it has been a long time and I can't remember. BTW, I can't go any lower than lvl 65 because of guild needs.

.I would suggest just leveling up to lvl 70. I am rather sure that is when xp is the best anyways. With Fire access it should take you more than a week and a half to hit 70 if that, especially if you use you Veteran AA for double xp every day

The reason I asked is because I remember being in PoFire and turning 66, and suddenly AA exp dropped significantly. Anyway, I de-leveled the bard to 65 and went back to HoH and started kiting. I now get about 40%-50% more AA exp each kill than at 66, so I guess I am staying at 65 for some time. Thanks for your help though.

AA exp is supposed to be the same at every level, BUT if you are running 50% reg and 50% aa, the difference between 65 and 66 would be big. Now if you de leveled to 65, ran 100% aa for 1 kill, leveled to 66 and then did 100% aa for 1 kill, the exp should be the same if you killed the same mob.

ss44 said:
AA exp is supposed to be the same at every level, BUT if you are running 50% reg and 50% aa, the difference between 65 and 66 would be big. Now if you de leveled to 65, ran 100% aa for 1 kill, leveled to 66 and then did 100% aa for 1 kill, the exp should be the same if you killed the same mob.

SS is correct. Mobs are worth the same amount no matter what level you are.. unless they are green.

Well.. that's not exactly true, if you are too low to be killing a a red mob that is way above you, you will see a penalty. But since you are probably talking about blues, I'd say your's should be the same.

Last edited:
According to what I've read you get an xp bonus for fighting mobs within 5 levels of you. Of course that was on class boards and not by a developer so I'm not sure where they got their info.

AA faster at 65 or 66?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back