• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Request - A macro to auto close the sub offer (1 Viewer)

is there a macro or can one be made to auto close the advertisements to sub an account on a ftp account?

To the best of my knowledge the answer is, No. The thing to consider is that it would most likely not be wise to write a macro to do the task. The reason is that only one macro can run at any given time. It might be best to try to write a plug in or Lua script.

Just my random thoughts.

Be well. Happy gaming.

This was a plugin that was removed because of DBG request, that they had a hard issue with
What Sic said about DBG makes a ton of sense. That pop (aka nag screen) is part of the company’s sales and promotion campaign. Some folks will pay out of frustration. If DBG knew about the plug-in, they obviously know about VV. If they let VV slide as long as folks are not abusing the system, perhaps we need to meet them halfway and live with having to click off or hitting esc to close the pop. Unless you are alt tabbing, you will only notice it in one window. Personally, every once in a while during down time, I will switch to each toon using Ctrl+shift+number to quickly clear any pop ups, including loot pop ups.

just some ramblings on a Saturday morning while I wait for Crudcast to come and fix a problem they created while “doing service in my area”.

Be well. Happy clicking.

I figured that it would be something that they wouldn't like, but I was worried about them seeing the boxes up on characters that were "active" and not afk and not closing the windows...

I figured that it would be something that they wouldn't like, but I was worried about them seeing the boxes up on characters that were "active" and not afk and not closing the windows...

Not sure how much they check if the pop up is open or just sitting in that little notification area. Some announcements can sit forever in that little box I try to stash way out of the way.

This was a plugin that was removed because of DBG request, that they had a hard issue with
Meh...based on their recent stance I wouldn't be doing DBG any more favors...

thor GIF

It is one of these if you want to add it to your own macro.
Notifys:
    /if (${Window[AlertWnd].Open}) /notify AlertWnd ALW_Dismiss_Button leftmouseup
    /if (${Window[LargeDialogWindow].Open}) /notify LargeDialogWindow LDW_YesButton leftmouseup
    /if (${Window[LargeDialogWindow].Open}) /notify LargeDialogWindow LDW_OkButton leftmouseup
I'm pretty sure it was the first one. I had this in my own macro for quite some time and never had an issue. You could even add a random time to wait before closing if you really want.

Meh...based on their recent stance I wouldn't be doing DBG any more favors...

I couldn't agree more. Any kind of amiable relationship with DBG has gone the way of the dodo. However, given that we don't know how they are sniffing out VV users, any automated click that they can see should probably be used with caution. Then again, I don't play on live anymore for a reason. :P

Request - A macro to auto close the sub offer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back