• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

A few more ideas (1 Viewer)

Jmo

Ex-Admin Dust Bunny
RedCents
1,087¢
Hey all. I had a few ideas that I'm going to list, obviously just my opinion, but I thought these would be nice:

1. Add icons to the world of Warcraft forums so we can tell if there's new posts inside each forum like in the EQ Forums.

2. Do the same to the EQ Forums missing the icon still.

3. Add a link at the top of the forums to get back and forth between the home page, the forums, and the news pages. [HOME] [WoW News] [EQ News] etc.

4. Have a divider in the forums so it's easier to tell what posts are the Stickies and which ones are the normal posts, like RedGuides had.

5. Add the post counts back in so we can see how many posts we, and others, have made.

6. Add the RedCent icons (little green bars) back under the avatars. (I really want to know how many it takes to get 2, 3, 4, etc.!)

Again, all my opinions on what could make it better. I'm sure I'll post more as time goes on. =D

i have over 5000000 posts, so i automatically win AMIRITE?

but yeah, easier navigation needs to be ironed out, and the redcents thing doesn't seem to be working atm for whatever reason.

I think there were some admin speaking about that they removed the post count.. I dont know why they did, but he (I think that it was either Cade or Siddin , sorry guys if I am wrong) stated that it is intended and they wont chagne it back..

Tho I support all your sugestions, RC bars and post count really made threads looks better.. Hard to explain, it just have to be there in my opinion. =)

I'm not sure who said it, might have been Cade, might not have been, but it definitely wasn't me. Personally it doesn't matter to me if its there or not. :)

1. Those are already in place. They're dull if there are no new posts, sharper if there are.

2. Soon as I figure out how to add forum icons, I'm on it.

3. EDIT: Done (Swords and Nerds only)

4. EDIT 2: Done (only on Swords and Nerds)

5. It was initially Redbot's idea to remove post count, and I supported that decision. If you can provide a good reason why post counts should be displayed, we're very open to the idea of changing it back.

6. EDIT 3: Done (Swords and Nerds)

Last edited:
Hmm..when I go into the WoW forums, the Sub-forums don't have an icon in front of them. Is it just me? (Never know, my computer has done weirder things.)

As for the post count, maybe it's just a personal thing, but I like to see it. Mostly to see mine, but it's cool to see how many posts others have. I guess I can't come up with a really good reason, it's just something I like. Maybe there could be an option added to turn them on or off on the users end?

Maybe there should be an option in UserCP to turn on/off post counts, because some people like it as an extra touch and some people don't like it (probably because it gives people reasons to post random things to bigger their ePeens).

5. It was initially Redbot's idea to remove post count, and I supported that decision. If you can provide a good reason why post counts should be displayed, we're very open to the idea of changing it back.

Generel is a postwhore if we want him back we need to see his posts or his not gonna post anymore =)

When I joined the RG back in the days I use to see what ppl wrote and if I was unsure if it should be considered a fact I normally looked at how many post that person had. If very few I would wait until someone else said something to collaborate the person with few posts statement before taking it as a fact.

Now a days I know most ppl so I just see who said what and I know who to trust and who not too...

I don’t know if I'm for having it shown. I used it a lot when I didn’t know who ppl was, now I don’t care. I guess some new members could use it just like I did. But I guess they will say something if they do =)

- decker

I've posted the reasoning in two other threads (can't remember which) but I'll post the reasoning behind it again here.

Post counts can be deceiving. For example, Generel is the biggest post whore here. His large number of posts may lead people to believe that he knows what he's talking about, and makes it seem like he's been here for a very long while. Obviously, both of these things aren't true.

For example, Generel is the biggest post whore here. His large number of posts may lead people to believe that he knows what he's talking about, and makes it seem like he's been here for a very long while. Obviously, both of these things aren't true.

HAHAHAHAHAHA true =)

But I still miss him...

- decker

Generel is a postwhore if we want him back we need to see his posts or his not gonna post anymore =)

When I joined the RG back in the days I use to see what ppl wrote and if I was unsure if it should be considered a fact I normally looked at how many post that person had. If very few I would wait until someone else said something to collaborate the person with few posts statement before taking it as a fact.

Now a days I know most ppl so I just see who said what and I know who to trust and who not too...

I don't know if I'm for having it shown. I used it a lot when I didn't know who ppl was, now I don't care. I guess some new members could use it just like I did. But I guess they will say something if they do =)

- decker

Agree with what been said, it helps, and as for % of postwhores VS the people it help, most likely the advantage of it is more than the disadvantage.

And the green Redcent bars are sort of hard to get.. Well they use to be anyway...

I mean I think it first when I got 100 RCs I got my 2nd green (and this was when you could only give 1 RC pr day, now you give 10 everytime)

- decker

Hey all. I had a few ideas that I'm going to list, obviously just my opinion, but I thought these would be nice:

1. Add icons to the world of Warcraft forums so we can tell if there's new posts inside each forum like in the EQ Forums.

2. Do the same to the EQ Forums missing the icon still.
That's on the list!

3. Add a link at the top of the forums to get back and forth between the home page, the forums, and the news pages. [HOME] [WoW News] [EQ News] etc.

Agreed, on the list for all styles. Looks like Cade already did part of it, thanks cade!

4. Have a divider in the forums so it's easier to tell what posts are the Stickies and which ones are the normal posts, like RedGuides had.

Good job whoever did that, I assume cade.

5. Add the post counts back in so we can see how many posts we, and others, have made.

The user's postcount is still available on their profile.

Again, all my opinions on what could make it better. I'm sure I'll post more as time goes on. =D

Thanks for the input mac

i have over 5000000 posts, so i automatically win AMIRITE?

but yeah, easier navigation needs to be ironed out, and the redcents thing doesn't seem to be working atm for whatever reason.

Redcents only work for strategy forums, and we only recognize them for strategy related posts. We need some way to reward funny posts, but it can't be redcents, as the subjective nature of humor would make it difficult to police people cheating our system out of $$$.

Hmm..when I go into the WoW forums, the Sub-forums don't have an icon in front of them. Is it just me? (Never know, my computer has done weirder things.)

Not just you, we need to get that done.

And the green Redcent bars are sort of hard to get.. Well they use to be anyway...

I mean I think it first when I got 100 RCs I got my 2nd green (and this was when you could only give 1 RC pr day, now you give 10 everytime)

- decker

We'll increase the difficulty!

Here are some other things we have on the list currently:

1) Locate a Wiki expert to help us figure out the best way to implement templates, categories, and other high-minded wiki things we forum people don't understand.

2) Add more to the Redcent Store, iron out bugs, and possibly lower the prices on everything.

3) remove posticons from replies in a thread

4) Add some RSS feeds from the frontpage to the forums.

A few more ideas

Users who are viewing this thread

Back