• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

4th character can't log in... (1 Viewer)

Hoecus

RedCents
91¢
I 4-box and, since that last patch, when I try to get my 4th character in the game , he gets to character select then I get the Everquest crash message.

I play 2 characters on 2 seperate computers.. the DD ones on the one I never touch and the tank and MA on the other. If it weren't my tank I wouldnt care as much.

Anyone have any ideas why only that account is crashing?

Hoecus

You need to eliminate the variables to see whats causes the crash.

1. Make sure its it fully patched
2. Load EQ without MQ2 see if you get in.
3. If its crashing on just loading eq delete your eqclient.ini and try again
4. If Eq loads but it crashes with MQ2 up start removing plugins from your macroquest2.ini file to see what one is causing the crash.

What I did was load him in on his normal computer without MQ2.. no problems. Loaded him as a 3rd bot on my other computer with MQ2 running.. logged in no problem... logged him in oon his norman computer with MQ2 going .. after logging 3rd character back in ... and he loaded in with no problem.... guess he needed his character file updated or something.

Hoecus

Now I am having worse problems than before! I have 2 characters logged in on my primary computer and they are my 3rd and 4th needed in my BoT Group. I can't get my main characters gto log in for very long. They enter EQ fine but when I go to zone them, they crash to a black screen every time. I have done all the instructions the way you have said except the MQ2.ini one... where do I find that file? In the source folder I have found one similar but I woulodn't edit anything at all. Do you have any suggestions? I thought it might be my computer but any other character will load normally and I can play them. Lucky for me my 3rd BoT is a bard so he is Dizzying away making AA as I try to figure this out.

Hoecus

Now I am having worse problems than before! I have 2 characters logged in on my primary computer and they are my 3rd and 4th needed in my BoT Group. I can't get my main characters gto log in for very long. They enter EQ fine but when I go to zone them, they crash to a black screen every time. I have done all the instructions the way you have said except the MQ2.ini one... where do I find that file? In the source folder I have found one similar but I woulodn't edit anything at all. Do you have any suggestions? I thought it might be my computer but any other character will load normally and I can play them. Lucky for me my 3rd BoT is a bard so he is Dizzying away making AA as I try to figure this out.

Hoecus

Find the macroquest.ini in your root mq2 folder. Open it up copy the contents and PM them to me

4th character can't log in...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back