• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - 4 box question (1 Viewer)

shu

RedCents
40¢
At 86 my son plays a warrior and boxes a bard and I play a shaman and box a mage. We have 2 healer mercs that are rank 5. Neither one of us has ever been level 100 in this game.
From comments I have received I believe that by 100 or lower we must replace the 2 mercs with a cleric and a high DPS class. Which class at 100 provides the highest DPS. I know the beastlord in EQ2
it takes a lot of time and work for the beastlord's pets to become awesome I don't know if that applies in EQ. My son and I are very casual players please keep that in mind.

It would be easiest for me to create another mage but my goal is to create whichever class at 100 provides the most significant DPS.

Our group at 86 can deal with 6 mobs our level or a named mob a couple levels above us so currently we are doing fine.

I think a lot of it will depend on how 'active' this dps class is going to be. You didn't specify if you are using kissassist or any of the other things here, or just playing it manual.
If you are just manual playing, one of the pet classes is probably the easiest 'set and forget' kinda dps.
But if you are using software then your options open up quite a bit and it becomes more personal choice because a lot of classes do decent dps that way.
Thing's like ChatWithThisName's plugins mq2Berzerker, mq2Rogue, etc are popular because they dont require much setup and you get very good results out of it, the 'downside' being they are paid plugins. (unless you are playing on test, then they are free to use)
But that's not to say things like kissassist or muleassist or IHC ( i think thats all of them?) don't work well, they are just going to require more effort and input from you to get working the way you want.

86-100 isn't too different. At 105 the EoK content is a big jump, unless you've farmed the Broken Mirror gear or BM instance tokens for gear. On some servers you can buy those tokens, Remnant of Tranquility, but its getting to be hard to find them. Maybe ask in General if none listed in Bazaar.

Highest DPS 105+: Probably Zerker. Situational stuff can make Wiz or Mage close and Ranger/Rog can put out big DPS if you stay on humanoids within their Assassinate/Headshot level range. Bst are good dmg, but mainly are a boost class to other melee and can be a backup healer.

Since you have Shaman + Bard, you'd really want a Melee DPS as those two classes boost melee a lot.

For healer, Sham can heal a 6 group at max level, but it will be their main focus. Not much DPS out put other than quick slows & Roar to heal/boost group. Adding a Cleric is a good choice.

Airemus we use KA. Eqtrader74 it seems the Zerker is the way to go. Now I must read and decide if we will save significant time by creating the cleric and zerker now compared to waiting until 100; the amount of time required to raise a 85 to 100.
Thanks for your input.

Zerker is a solid choice. If it were me, I'd level the cleric and zerker now so you can get them up to level where they can get xp while in the group with your other 4, even if they dont contribute a lot at first.

edqtrader74 you said " Ranger/Rog can put out big DPS if you stay on humanoids within their Assassinate/Headshot level range " My 86 shaman has Feralization but I don't know if that makes the ranger a better choice compared to zerker.

It's a good question. I find that 105+, the mobs tend to be hit really hard but have low HP, making most fights 12-18 seconds per mob. So debuffs and dots are rarely worth the cast time, except on Named.

I don't do Feralize or the druid +% Fire/Ice debuffs unless it is a high HP mob like a Named. There can be some camps like giants or golems, where the fights are twice as long and maybe then you add the debuff for that camp.

I'd also say that you can build a exp leveling/AA plan around humanoid camps, but in progression or instances you'll just have to deal with whatever mobs are there. Zerker will perform better in that sense.

Ranger can be a good choice if you're running a mix of casters & melee. Ranger buffs are more for melee, but that have some nice casters boosts too. In a powerleveling setup, where ranger is shooting light blue humanoids to PL a lowbie in group, the ranger headshot dmg will out DPS all other classes. By a lot.

Question - 4 box question

Users who are viewing this thread

Back