• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Bah's Basic Monk Tricks (1 Viewer)

bah

RedCents
Quick Loot
The Easiest way to get good loot as a monk is very simple. We all love instance zones. But who really wants to go through all those mobs to get to the end and maayybe get something good. Well here is what you do... All monks have a skill called feign death. Zone into the instance zone ,or really any zone lol, and run through about 3 mobs enough to where your not going to die if your feign death fails. But its really simple. Just keep repeating this until you get to the end. If you run into any trouble you can always just feign death and giggle. Kill the boss. Collect the loot and either gate or do the same run backwards.

High Damage Monk Style.
Notice that when you are a monk you have a skill called Thundering fists. If you buy the adept of this spell ,or just so happen to find it you lucky little devil you, this spell will do 18 damage EVERY time you hit a mob for so many hits. You will also notice that you have a skill called Rapid Swings. This attack does 12-40 damage ,give or take, and does it with 4 consecutive hits. The high damage strategy that i use is, I First cast thundering fists making it +18 on every hit. I then cast rapid swings for 4x 12-40. If you add this up it has the potential to do at the most 160 + 72 = 232 Damage! not bad for a lvl 20 eh? and you do all of this damage in a short amount of time. How cool is that?

Easy Group Solo
This works with all classes and im sure most people know about it but I will list it anyways. Before you go and fight in a big bad group fight. Check your experience. Make sure, now this is key, that you will get to another 10% complete (IE 09% 19% 29% 99% you get the picture) Be sure that during your fight you will get that extra 1% and you will be completely healed and powered up ready to take on some more. This could be usefull for heroic mobs etc. As long as you can kill 1, you can kill 2. and Hey, if you can kill 2 than thats 2 less times you have to run away and come back to kill them :D

I know these few tips probably are already known but its nice to make sure everyone knows in the right community such as redguides.com. Thanks red :D

Signing off,
Bah!

Bah's Basic Monk Tricks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back