• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Have you seen the new ui in the escape to norrath tutorial? (1 Viewer)

portlimo

RedCents
Yea but ya dont have to wait for it hehe i just downloaded it and threw it in my ui folder works great. I will throw it up here for anyone else that might want to use it or check it out before it goes live a month from now. :p

P.S. This Is the New UI That will be going live in a little over a month...but why wait hehe :cool:

thanks alot man appreciate it. was pretty bummed out when they broke my old UI beyond belief... i have real trouble sitting down and playing using default ui..... its so... crappy.

Yea I am just on my trader atm but I loaded the UI up and its actually pretty sweet...not as bad ass as the one i was using with MQ2 but dam cool UI, not only that but all the windows actually work unlike some of the UI's I have tried lol :p

aye i like it alot.. what i cant seem to figure out tho is when i load the new ui... two of my hotbutton windows (the two i have things in already) are showing up horizontal across my screen... where the hotkey windows that arent being used are vertical... i cant figure out how to change them each individually or why they happen to be that way. You have that problem at all?

I am thinking they did that on purpose...reason being i believe so that u can use whatever suits u. meaning if u like the horizontal u can use those or if u like the vertical ones then use them...so if u like the vertical ones just move ure buttons over to those bars and get rid of the horizontal ones :)

Seems though that the first hotbuttons window is the default..meaning if u were to push 1 on ure keyboard it will still try and use the 1 button on the 1 Hotbutton bar. that kinda sucks not sure how to overcome that.

ah bummer yeah that was something i was wondering... was thinking i'd just switch hotkeys over... but i'd hate to hit 1 or 2 trying to use hotkeys and not have anything happen. i was thinking maybe they would put a option on the window to switch between horizontal and verticle... seems that was too much to hope for tho. Oh well... thanks anyways. The new UI is quite crisp and clean and I like it alot more then old UI.... except for the hotbutton window =p i liked and prefered the old one but other than that I like it.

I use a modified version of the new AYA for MQ, but the new AYA UI does incorperates 4 hotkey windows up at same time. I use the mouse for hotkeys on 3 of them, however at this time only the first one can use the keyboard for. BUt with the nice option of saving and loading saved hotkeys like you can with spell sets, this makes it very easy to switch out Raid Hot Keys with Group hot keys and Monster Mission/shroud hotkeys

Aye that is true the save/load feature on the hotkey windows is a great addition. Also I was looking under the options window and they have listings for windows 2,3, and 4. I suppose if you really wanted to change back to verticle hotkey window you could always change the short cut designations from hotkey 1 to hotkey 3 and make it verticle... then you just need to remember that 3 or 4 is your primary window if you make that change.

Its just a bit of tedious work to really switch over the shortcuts and all... not hard.. but I can guarantee you some people will complain. There are always some. Anyways overall a nice UI.. has a custom UI look and feel to it.

Have you seen the new ui in the escape to norrath tutorial?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back