• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

EQ2 Macros: MegaBot v2.7 - Buff Bot AND HUNTER BOT! (1 Viewer)

giuseppet

RedCents
V2.7 – 08/13/05 is released.

Some pretty cool stuff in this release, and a solo but will fight very efficient.

Look at the new QB per item setup - changes EVERYONE's setup, so don't miss it!

Love some feedback from everyone using/testing it!

Rich

1) New INI Variables Added
a) StrafeLeftSTR, StrafeRightSTR (Char/Special Char)
i) You keys mapped to Left/Right strafing

b) PowerTriggerSTR (Numeric % 0-100)
i) At what power do you kick in the PowerSequence1STR. Used to cast any spells that need to trigger off you running low on power, such as a power draw from a pet

c) PowerSequence1STR (Sequence String)
i) When Power is below PowerTriggerSTR, do this sequence. Used to cast any spells that need to trigger off you running low on power, such as a power draw from a pet
ii) format is:
iii) QUICKBAR,Name,KEY,CastTime,ReCastTime,Name,KEY,CastTime,RecastTime,...

d) UsingRangeToPull (Boolean)
i) Have to have a special setting just for pulling with Range Attacks as they work different than spell pulls. A Range Attack locks you onto the mob and you have to hit Escape() to clear that and be able to run back to your starting point. This can be set to TRUE even if you use a spell to pull it will just take longer to get your target back (ie. until the mob hits you again and becomes the target)
ii) Found it is best to use a 2s cast time for bow to make sure it fires in InitialCombat
(1) InitialCombatSequence1STR=qb1,Bow,1,2s,0s

2) REMOVED INI Variables
a) HealPartner – removed because it was used to proactively ask for a heal, which was only in DAOC, not needed in EQ2 as the bot looks at the health to make a heal decision.

3) Changed the Can Not See logic so it ignore the first time as it would strafe when you finishing running back to SafeSpot as you were looking away from the mob. Also, it now ignores this in BUFFBOT mode. This was posted as a fixed file to the 2.6 release in the forums if you downloaded and overwrote the file, you already had this fix in 2.6

4) Changed the ResponseStrings so they work anytime, even in a fight. The priorities don’t do anything but reorder multiple requests now. This should allow for more functionality in needing to ask a BUFFBOT for an HO or for a follow in the middle of a fight or telling the bot to FOLLOW/STOP FOLLOWING for using a buffbot with SafeSpot mode.

5) Added some better ignore logic for mobs that are either non-existent (ie. They are stuck in memory with WyvernX’s functions) or you run to them as they are the closest mob, get there and can’t get a valid target (usually because they are behind something). That spawnID is then added to the ignore list for 30 seconds so you don’t get hung up on it as it would be the closest mob.

6) Spend some time reducing the log file for things that are not important to debugging. While the log file will always be big to help find why things don’t always work, I have tried to reduce the size significantly when set to DebugLevel 1, which should help.

7) Change the PullToSafeSpot code so now if you are in the middle of a pull spell or running out to a mob and you get attacked, you will immediately run back to safe spot

8) Changed how you check for Add on attacks after you finish a mob off. Before it would send an Escape() after finding another one as CheckForAdd() could have found a mob while running or targeting, and this forced it to clear the mob/item you may have targeting and ensured the last thing that hit you became the target. Now it knows when you are really checking for add on mobs and ignores this Escape() since when you get his while checking for adds, you want to keep that target – the result is faster fighting on the add on mobs.

9) Fixed the Can Not See message again so now after the 2nd time, it will try to strafe and “pull” the mob out of the wall/tree it is stuck in… works right in 2.7

10) Fixed when you would die, it would quit, then come right back into game…

11) Rewrote the RunToLoc() function so it is much more accurate. You will find the bot running much better towards targets and back to starting point. Occasionally it will turn, run, then do some wacky turns, then usually self correct. After a lot of debugging, I have found there is no way to avoid this as sometimes the backend EQ2Service does not update the direction you are facing and the bot tries to correct again, messing things up. Slower computers will probably get more of this.

12) A SOLO OFFENSIVE bot will be much better now. Spent a lot of time tweaking how they fight, making it more responsive.

13) Change the Can not see logic so you Strafe Left/Right to get things unstuck from the wall, found that even though you were stuck to a mob, it didn’t always strafe, so the new keys force it

14) While doing a PullToStart, if you can’t see your target or they are too far, it will try for 3x to get a target, then give up and start looking for new mobs… keeps it from looking goofy running back to the start point with nothing in tow and then going into fight mode
a) Find it doesn’t work always work, still looking to see if it’s just timing – if someone finds it not responding to this, let me know what circumstances it is happening in.

15) If you target yourself while fighting, it will know this and send an Escape() so the next mob that hits you becomes the active target

16) New PowerTrigger and PowerSequence that will trigger if your power is low. Can be used to pull power from a pet or any other reason you may want to trigger something based on power. (great suggestion zigrivers)

17) Fixed the problem with heals something targeting a pet instead of a person. This is due to the way the changed the toggle of an FKey between person and pet

18) It will now ignore Poison, Essence Shift and Bloody Ritual. Make it so it doesn’t go into Melee() mode mistakenly for these things. In a later version, I’ll have to make these things into an INI variable so they aren’t hard coded as I’m sure there are more and it should be flexible enough so you have create your own ignore strings

19) Changed the loot grid to make it a bit bigger to catch more loot
a) Those who had problems with this, let me know if it’s better

20) Have it so when you go on a POTTY Break after XX kills, it sets you to AFK to be more realistic

21) Fixed when KILLS in the status window was > 100, it disappeared, now you can see your kills > 100 

22) ** MAJOR CHANGE in Sequence Setup ** PLEASE READ THIS or your INI files will not load ***

a) Due to many requests to more flexible Sequence setup and only having a single QuickBar to set them up on, I have changed it so all sequences can be setup on multiple QuickBars. You simply put the QB in front of each name and you can mix and match the config to match your setup instead of changing things around to have things on one QB.
b) format is:
c) QUICKBAR,Name,KEY,CastTime,ReCastTime,QUICKBAR,Name,KEY,CastTime,RecastTime,...
i) Example: qb1,Weaken,1,1s,5s,qb2,Dust Blast,2,2s,2s
(1) This would mean on QuickBar1, cast Weaken which is on Key 1, it takes 3 seconds to cast, 5 seconds to recast, Then on QuickBar2, cast Dust Blast, which is on Key 2, it takes 2 seconds to cast and 2 seconds to recast

23) Added some buttons into the command window to make things easier. If anyone notices the script crashing to the desktop while just using the buttons, let me know as I’ve had problems in the past with button handlers doing this in XU. You still need to have a game “window” behind the buttons for them to work just like all XU actions. Admin/Wyv – any fix to this ever coming??
a) Buttons I have are: QUIT, RELOAD INI, PAUSE, GET MASTERS
i) QUIT & PAUSE are obvious
ii) RELOAD INI is nice if you want to change some INI settings (probably from another computer as it would be running, or you could pause the script, click RELOAD INI). It will load the INI fresh like you loaded from scratch. Nice thing is it avoids the slow compiling time.
iii) GET MASTERS is the same as GetAllMastersSTR key in the INI. Sometimes the bot doesn’t read everyone after a zone or a pet is created, this button will force the bot to reload all masters. It might not take effect right away as it only does the check before a fight, so be patient once you hit it.
b) With the buttons being used, you can’t use F12 to kill the scripts or it will crash the game. Something to do with the button handlers. I have found that while coding, this happens too much, so I must comment them out, to make this easy, I have put a global const in the GlobalVars.vbs file. Just set this to FALSE and the buttons will not load and thus you can code w/o crashing so much
i) const LOADBUTTONS=FALSE

24) Changed SAMESPOT so it will not randomly turn anymore, it will look for the closest thing to attack and face it. If nothing is in the mob list, it will pause for some time and try again. This way you don’t randomly turn anymore and also fixed the problem of the post about turning and looking at the mountain behind you.

EQ2 Macros: MegaBot v2.7 - Buff Bot AND HUNTER BOT!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back