• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Target Problem (1 Viewer)

mrtyler

RedCents
When I use the macro from here: http://www.redguides.com/community/showthread.php?t=1002

The problem I am having is when the bard named john sends a tell to the chanter named johny asking for haste c6 and god, the chanter mems the spells but instead of targeting john, poor johny targets himself and buffs leaving john buffless. I cant figure out how to make johny target john to buff. I would love it if one of you can please look at the macro and see if there is anyway to fix this.

This is a feature of the /target command, that it matches on partial names (for speed reasons).

I haven't tested it, since I don't have two characters where one's name is part of another's name, but this should work.

In the macro, search for the line
Rich (BB code):
/target ${targetType} ${targetName}

Immediately below it, add the following line:

Rich (BB code):
/if (${Target.ID}==${Me.ID} && ${String[${targetName}].NotEqual[${Me.CleanName}]}) /target next ${targetType} ${targetName}

Thankyou so much for taking the time to help. I cant wait for mq2 to be compiled again so I can try this out. I have already followed the instructions adn saved the macro. Will let you know how it works :cool:

mrtyler said:
Thankyou so much for taking the time to help. I cant wait for mq2 to be compiled again so I can try this out. I have already followed the instructions adn saved the macro. Will let you know how it works :cool:

Once again ty very much, just got mw2 working tonight and was able to use this fix, now i have no problem targeting any players :rolleyes:

Target Problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Back