• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Roots, Pelts, Wood - Harvesting Easily (1 Viewer)

epugh

RedCents
On my server the price of roots is anywhere from a few SP all the way up to 20 SP! (Depending on time of day, etc.)

I asked around and found out that 1) roots are in high demand so they are few and far between and 2) older characters don't want to have to go to "noob" zones to harvest them. (This holds true for items like basil, which are required for L40+ quests.) After realizing that running around in the Q forest looking for roots and sullied LQ badger pelts, I figured there should be an easier way.

I made 5 gold while I slept last night and then 4 more gold while I was off adventruing by doing the following:

- Create a new character in the same zone
- Run around and get enough quests so you're level 3 or 4
- Harvest harvest harvest! (If you're a lower-level character your highest harvest score is around 6 and you'll have many fails. The quests at this starting point are easy enough to get to level 3 in 15 minutes.) There are plenty of roots in the village and other items right outside the sentry gates. I collected about 50 roots in 20 minutes. Hint: If all you have are coffee bushes (which I sold for 5 SP, by the way) harvest them and make "room" for the roots to show up.
- Place these items in your shared bank vault.
- Log in with the character you want to gain $ or do TS with. Retrieve said items. Then use the items in your recipes or...
- Make your character a merchant before bed time. Make sure to check the boards and find out what roots are selling for. They do fluctuate.
(Get a room. The first one should be free. In the Baubleshire, where I hail from, it's in the QExchange. Place your items that you are given in the room. Click on the merchant board. It's pretty easy to figure out from there. Set prices and start selling.) Get some Zzz's and come back in the morning.
- To make money while adventuring, right click on your house door while inside and say "access house vault". You have two slots. Using a bag or a box will give you more slots. Pretty good ones are avail for a couple gold and decent ones cost about 40-75 silver. Make sure to set up vault prices on your merchant board. Then close your sales window. It will ask you if you want to continue selling while in the house. Click yes. Leave. Go kill things. The money you make is automatically placed in your pouch.

FYI, this has been changed on PVP servers due to complaints that someone would buy something and the coin would get looted... see teacher's post

Roots, Pelts, Wood - Harvesting Easily

Users who are viewing this thread

Back