I will start right out with the fact that I just started this process. And I am not a code writer of any kind. In fact, I know just enough to be dangerous. But I can read and do searches and know to look for beginners guides to help me get this all installed and working right at the most basic levels.
I would like to suggest that one of you experts make a Complete guide to getting MacroQuest 2 all setup and running. A guide written with the idea that "What everyone knows" is included. Just from my short experience I can honestly say that there is a ton of information scattered all over not only here but the internet in general, but no where is it all put together in one place. So a concise guide to answer questions like:
1. The proper load order of all the various plugins and macros from a clean boot to having all the characters show up on your screen. You need to include Innerspace/IsBoxer in this too. I found a bunch of conflicting statements about this subject. What do you guys use and or recommend.
2. Proper login procedures, like do I use the Innerspace character set login or the MQ2Login Profile? What are the reasons for each and maybe an explanation of advantages and disadvantages. (there is avideo about this)
3. Is Eqbcs really needed? Doesn't ISboxer perform this function? How to setup Eqbcs. Or do you use the other one that I can't remember the name of. DN something?
4. Setting up Autologin and really important, the /inv key for the alts.
5. Setting up Follow and assist keys. Like /afollow and why you should use it or when NOT to. Explain that Kissassist does some of this but doesn't work when KA isn't loaded yet.
6. Sit and stand keys, are these ISB keys or MQ2 macs?
7. Setting up KA macros to start and stop and why they are needed.
8. Maybe a brief scenario describing how KA is supposed to act, like what to watch for and what to make sure is happening. Like the Healer is healing and the casters are casting. Maybe even the puller and how he is supposed to act. I keep wanting to press buttons sheesh. Hard to let the macro take over. Maybe a video of a real basic setup and how it's supposed to function. Maybe even a video of one of your pro setups with a narration of what is going on. That would be REAL cool.
That's as far as I have gotten so far. I have read (and watched) so much from so many different sources that I get some things confused or can't find a reference that I've seen before. Bookmarks are your friend. Maybe you could approach this from a complete noob's perspective, think...I have never seen this stuff before, kind of thinking.
All I can say is that when I downloaded MQ2 and read this page, it left me with more questions than answers, even with all the links. I have actually spent more time reading than setting things up in game.
Not trying to beat on you guys at all. You have an amazing product here, the more I read the more I say things like "That is so cool or I want to have THAT in my setup. It sure would be nice to go from install to start playing a bit easier, is all I am suggesting. Thanks for listening.