• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Zwarping Broken? (1 Viewer)

cbsro

RedCents
Has warping to very large Z coords to kill mobs been nerfed? I know MQ is only half-working right now but MQ2Warp seems to be working fine otherwise. Whenever I try to warp to like, +/- 6000, it'll say it's warping there, but then doesn't move at all. Just wondering if it was working for anyone else.

Be good of they do. Maybe if peeps quit trying to kill named in zones with all kinds of peeps in it and any person with show eq can watch a named drop to 1 person and report it, the rest of us who just use MQ2 to supplement our gaming experience or to run a afk macro in a INSTANCED zone rather than watch a bard kiting tables for hours with no replies. Sick of seeing idiots warp killing mini named all over the place. can't believe somebody got banned for doing Ikky instanced while peeps are killing named all over the place that only spawn once a week or even once every 3 days.

Guess getting aa's while you sleep just isn't good enough anymore?!?!?

lol, I only ever used this to kill in instanced zones :)

I'm glad you feel so self-righteous because you 'only' cheat to get exp. Like many, I'm just so sick of eq I'm always looking to push the limits. But I've never drawn attention to myself and don't feel like I've ever negatively impacted anyone else's game. Like you said, there are ways to run afk macros stupidly and bring unwanted attention to us. Conversely, there are ways to use exploits like this harmlessly and undetected (by players anyway).

Anyway, anyone have any real answers?

Didin't mean to sound self righteous, was rather pointing out that before zone warping to take out raid mobs got so hot (ghosting too) it didn't seem like sony was overly eager to shut down mq. Never said I didn't cheat... I subscribe to this website for one reason...to cheat. I just don't get whacked out like a crack whore when I use em. My post still remains the same...wouldn't bother me at all if 6000 warp killing was abolished. Thats my opinion not a self righteous statement ;)

Btw I wasn't saying you did this either, sorry if I implied that. Was just commenting on the subject title.

heh, I understand, I don't really mind it being taken out if it puts less heat on us either. But I liked farming nameds in instances with it, almost had all the runes I needed from it. And well, with official mq release now it's still not working, so i think it's safe to say that ceiling/floor limits are being enforced by the server now. So... anyone have any way around it, or another method?

cbsro said:
heh, I understand, I don't really mind it being taken out if it puts less heat on us either. But I liked farming nameds in instances with it, almost had all the runes I needed from it. And well, with official mq release now it's still not working, so i think it's safe to say that ceiling/floor limits are being enforced by the server now. So... anyone have any way around it, or another method?

No, it's toast.

cronic

I'm having no luck getting it to work either. If I try to enter a z-axis value of 6000, I don't warp at all. However, I can warp to a z-axis of 2100 just fine. I attempted this in Plane of Disease on Ghrymm since it was a deserted zone and it wasn't a major target. When I /warped there and tried to cast on him, I just got the "you cannot see your target" message. What am I doing wrong? Is there something I can try to change to get it to work?

I'm having no luck getting it to work either. If I try to enter a z-axis value of 6000, I don't warp at all. However, I can warp to a z-axis of 2100 just fine. I attempted this in Plane of Disease on Ghrymm since it was a deserted zone and it wasn't a major target. When I /warped there and tried to cast on him, I just got the "you cannot see your target" message. What am I doing wrong? Is there something I can try to change to get it to work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbsro

No, it's toast.

cronic

Its really that simple zwarp has been nerfed eqdevs fixed it on thier end so that if u warp out of their set boundaries u get warped right back to where u were

Zwarping Broken?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back