• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Would love this ability! (1 Viewer)

I was thinking that since you can't have more than one "Lore" maybe there is a way to use that to tell if you already had one without actually finding it.

So for instance I read on RG that "Super Cloak of Haste" has a great clicky for Ranga's. I look on Allah and see I need 3 lore items to turn in to get this item. Then I log on my toon and type /FindLore item#1 and I get the response "You can only have one lore item". Now I know I have it and will go to the bank to find it...

Cobalt said:
Use Item.ID to compare your bank/inventory against the lore item. If Item.ID already exists, then you know you have said Lore Item.

1. Can this be aliased to allow me to use it from chat window or does it have to be in macro?

2. Can this be done from anywhere or do I need to be at a banker?

Well you could create a plugin based on a little known in game command that has always exsisted.

/outputfile inventory (filename).txt

It will create a plain-text file in your main EQ directory that contains a complete listing of all the gear you are (a) Wearing, (b) Carrying, (c) Have Stored in the Bank.

It is invaluable for:
(a) Being able to check if you have a particular drop or item in your bank from ANYWHERE in the game (you can use this command at any time in any zone)
(b) Finding that item you know you have somehwere but cannot find (simply open teh file in any text-editor and do a find/search for a partial string that matches the item you are trying to find - Hey Presto, you can see it is in Slot 4 of Bank-Container 3.

This was C&Pd from http://crucible.samanna.net/viewtopic.php?t=2853

IamBigDaddy said:
1. Can this be aliased to allow me to use it from chat window or does it have to be in macro?

2. Can this be done from anywhere or do I need to be at a banker?

You can use ${FindItemBankCount[=ItemName]} to locate anything in your bank - anywhere and ${FindItemCount[=ItemName]} to locate something in your inventory. Remove the Count part to return a string name.

The contents of your bank are stored in memory. For those suggesting making this a plugin, the functionality already exists through macros.

Would love this ability!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back