• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

West Commons Griffon Mission: Easy XP (1 Viewer)

Moonspell

RedCents
Well, we all know that yesterday the Pirate monster mission in Butcherblock was nerfed. Now we need a way to score some uber easy exp. Fortunately for us, the same day the West Commonlands Griffin monster mission made its return and it is VERY soloable. Here's how.

The goal of the mission is simple and goes as follows:
1. Find 10 Eggs
2. Find the guard who stole your last egg
3. Kill the bad guard.
4. Locate the merchant who the guard sold the egg to.
5. Kill the offending merchant.
6. Goto the zone in to finish the mission.

Where to get the mission: West Commonlands. North East corner. The mission giver's name is Kathi Normond. Say "happy" to get the mission and "trinket" to zone in.

Choose a Class: You will want to be the druid griffon for this mission. It makes soloing the mission a snap.

Step One: Find Eggs
Ten to twelve eggs will spawn when the zone comes up. Sadly, it is hard to use MQ2 to find the eggs since they are NPCs with no name so /tar npc "" just targets the nearest mob. Fortunately, I've done the mission so many times I labeled all the spawn points for the eggs on my map. The map is attached at the bottom of this post.

I highly recommend that you go in a counterclockwise circle collecting eggs. The reason for this is that the Guard you need to kill on the east side of the zone. If you don't get to him in time, he will despawn and you will have to start over again.

Step Two: Find/Kill The Guard
Once you collect the ten eggs, you will get a yellow emote from the guard you need to find and kill. His name is Guard Tygus and he spawns on the east side of the zone and wanders. Use tracking to find him (you get it when you play as a druid). I kill him by kiting him. Pull him with snare, then cast Immolate, run away and cast Careless Lightning on him until he dies. When he dies, its time to find the Merchant.

Step Three: Find/Kill the Merchant
Bring up the tracking window and locate Merchant Wendell. She is located in a hut on the north east side of the zone. When you hail her she will aggro you. You can hail/aggro her from any distance so feel free to be far away when you hail her. That way, you can snare her before she reaches you. Kite her the same way you did the guard. Loot the Griffon Egg and loot off the merchant.

Step Four: For the Win
Track to Kathi Norman. She is North West of the Nektuklos zone in up on a hill. Hail her and say "leave" to zone out and get your xp.

The lockout is figured out like this. Its 45 minutes minus the time it took you to do the mission. Typically I finish the entire mission in 15 minutes. This leaves plenty of time for watching a movie between runs.

XP: I got 1.05 AA at level 70 and 7% regular xp at level 68

Be sure to unzip the contents of the zip file to the maps folder in your EQ directory.

Here's the loot I got:

Decorated Plate Arms
Arms
AC: 41
STR +9, STA +9, AGI +9, INT +9, WIS +9
HP: +95, Mana: +90, Endurance: +90
Save vs Fire, Cold, Disease: +8
Classes: WAR CLR PAL BRD SHD
Races: All

Reluctant Necguard of Remorse
Nect
AC: 13
STR +9, STA +9, AGI +9, INT +9, WIS +9
HP: +110, Mana: +105, Endurance: +105
Save vs Magic, Cold, Poison: +8
Classes: WAR CLR PAL BRD SHD
Races: All

I hope this helps you all. Post any feedback you have for me.
~Moonspell

The eggs are actually labeled _00 through _10. You can find out the true name of an invisible target by issuing the following command once you have an egg targetted: /echo ${Target.Name}

Thanks for the tip, Gildon. I was doing something strange originally while I was finding all the egg locations. I would target an egg and do /spawnmaster add then do /spawnmaster uplist and follow the directions to get to each egg. The only problem was that I had to do this each time I did the mission since spawnmaster wouldn't see the eggs when I go the mission again later.

I'm pretty sure this mission is going to be nerfed in the immediate future. Otherwise, I would really want to write a macro that could fully automate everything. Since we know the locations of all the eggs we could record an advpath file and run from place to place then add in a script to root rot or snare kite the two mobs. Any thoughts on this idea?

very nice moon ..

i was doing the pirate mission with 3 sets of 3 toons... and my main hopping from grp to grp ..

so about every hour i would get 2 AA's maybe a little less... i hooked up some others in my guild... let them do whatever and just had them in grp

it was sweet exp...

now on to this one.. it would be simple enough to write a quick mac for the eggs.. even to add in root rot for the 2 mobs.. not sure that i can get to it today or not though .. we shall see 8-)

how many peeps do you see in zone waiting? like pirate had prob 100 peeps in bb until they nerfed it yesterday ... and BAM .. zone dropped to like 30 or less..

as much as i hate to see the nerf.. it was funny ... to see the quick dispersion of the crowd

lol

8-)

Well, last night the most I saw in the zone was 122 people. Last night the lowest I saw it get was 74 people. I did this from 8pm EST til 11am today. I got my Zerker (who I suppose is now my new main after Demoneque got banned) from 20% away from 68 all the way to 3% into 69. I wonder how long this will last.

lol, if only the mission was given in EC, we'd have the good ol' fashion auctions back in the tunnel and life would be great again.

Two Questions:

1. Is this an MM that you can get solo, or do you need min 3 peeps in group?

2. Is there a lockout timer after completing mission? If so, how long?

Thanks

All missions are on a 45 minute lockout timer. This timer is adjusted based on the time you do the mission.

I.E if you do the mission in 10 minutes. 45-10=35. 35 min lockout timer. Beat it in 5, 40 min lockout.

Why do people insist on smoking the sony pole ? Seriously they just want your $$ stop giving them shit to gloat about and nerf! (directed to suckups that get all our goods nerfed on the EQlive forums.)

Overlord said:
http://eqforums.station.sony.com/eq...message.id=6314

Everyone get your padded armor out, the nerf bat is about to strike HARD on this. Thanks to all the goodie asshats on the forums. Was fun while it lasted at least.

past 2 nights there has been a GM sitting in WC on bertox for a couple of hours...just chatting with folkes. guess nerf was inevitable, enjoy while you can!

Are you sure it was a GM, or was it a guide? On Bertox there has been a guide sitting in WC also, but nothing a guide can really do about it.

I had written a quick /warp mac to go from egg to egg, and melee down the two NPC's etc once that was done for this, totalled the mission time to taking 4 minutes....But noooo.... "We hate easy xp!"....Got to hate the fools who are active posters on eqlive forums and who try to kiss ass with the EQ Devs/Designsers.

I bet half of them have banned accounts from using MQ2 and are hoping to kiss their way to getting them unbanned :P

Oh, make sure your last egg is on the east side. Cuase the bastard depops in like 2 mins. IF he does, your screwed

I as well as 100 other folk are doing them now.

Too fucking easy. An AA in 15 mins. WITHOUT MQ2?

Rediculous.

But, I do think something like this needs to be ingame. For people that don't play as often. They can log in, and in two hours get 2 aa's.

THat's cool. I mean, there is a lockout timer anyway. So what's the big deal?

should just do the stonebrunt moutains mission its super easy unless they nerfed it in the passed 2 weeks i play on zek and there are barely ever any pkers in Sb mnt's so it makes that mission be perfect.

p.s. if you do this mission be a ranger they have a 60 point a tick dot that can solo almost anymob in mission. :D

As I dont have find good other mission yet, I do this one 3 time in 30 min logging 3 different toons, that's mean no downtime and lot of xp for all my toons...

Now its to find a way to make it autocamp and log other toon, group, do mission, repeat...

just need someone t try and make a mac to where it tells the server youtr in a 3 person grp then knock yourself out.

p.s. not sure if it can be done or not

Well, this got power nerfed after being on the live servers for maybe 24 hours. I'm glad I cashed in on it!

Now there are red con NPCs that are racing you for the eggs you need to collect. They shout out in /ooc when they find one of your eggs so you can track to them and gank the egg. You cannot loot an egg if you have aggro. If they spend enough time on top of your egg, they will pick it up and sprint to freeport. I tried to kill one of the sprinters, but he healed himself back up rather quickly.

I did notice that I could still get credit to the egg by getting semi-close to it but remain out of aggro range. I'll try this event again later and see if I can still solo it. It appeared that the eggs still spawn in the same location.

SOE likes to remove aspects of the game that many people find enjoyable. If they want to give us some solo content that is worthwhile, they should make a version of "The Trial of Harclave" from EQ2 and put it in EQ1. The trial is fun, worth great xp, level independent, and is profitable. It takes most folks an hour and a half or so to complete, and has a lockout timer.

Oh well. At least Remmy is 43% through 69 now. Riftseeker's here I come.

I found a little way around the whole hunting down the eggs. If you turn on your mq2 map and turn on labels ... the eggs show up as a dot with a line coming out to an invisible name. They are pretty obvious. I can warp to each egg and usually collect them all within 1-5 minutes.

How long before the npcs become active? If it's greater than 3-5 minutes there is a good chance you can bypass them altogether. If they start immediately then you gotta be killer fast.

West Commons Griffon Mission: Easy XP

Users who are viewing this thread

Back