• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Way to tell if you are "shrunk"? (1 Viewer)

joojoobee

A Member to Remember
RedCents
4,247¢
My tank (and Ogre) often needs to be shrunk. I have both a "Ring of the Ancients" && "Wand of Imperceptibility". They both have the spell effect to "Shrink", but it looks like they have different names for that "Shrink" for Ring of the Ancients, and "Imperceptibility" for Wand of Imperceptibility

First, do they have the same buffs?

Second, how can I tell how many of each buffs is a player stacking? They don't seem to show up as icons on any window. I'd like to know if to "auto cast" them on certain Players after zoning into places where it's better or the Ogre to be small so as not to get caught in the topography.

Thanks for any answers.

JJB

PS-- answers might include-- how do I scan for all buffs like this, and are there hidden buff types or illusions that are relevant here?

Last edited:
There is no shrink buff so you can do a /echo ${Me.Height} then use that number like
Rich (BB code):
/if (${Me.Height}>=1) /do something

I’m dumb when it comes to this stuff, so if I wanted to keep my character shrunk with say Humanoid Reductionizer I would do something like
Buffs3=/if (${Me.Height}>=1) /Humanoid Reductionizer|Me
Or would it be
Buffs3=Humanoid Reductionizer|Me
BuffsCon3=/if (${Me.Height}>=1)
?

Second one is closer for Vanilla 10.2.6 KA's conditions. You do the Buff/DPS/Heal part the same as usual, then the BuffCond# is automatically an "if TRUE" test that fires that Buff if the condition answers TRUE. You don't need the "if" part.
INI:
BuffsCond3=${Me.Height}>=1

In KA11 beta, this will change slightly. Conditions will go in a general [KConditions] area and be called from some sections that way.
INI:
[Buffs]
Buffs3=Humanoid Reductionizer|Me|cond1
[KConditions]
Cond1=${Me.Height}>=1

The other examples are for writing your own MQ2 macro/plugin code or an MQ2Melee holy/down condition where you include the action after the condtion.

Second one is closer for Vanilla 10.2.6 KA's conditions. You do the Buff/DPS/Heal part the same as usual, then the BuffCond# is automatically an "if TRUE" test that fires that Buff if the condition answers TRUE. You don't need the "if" part.
INI:
BuffsCond3=${Me.Height}>=1

In KA11 beta, this will change slightly. Conditions will go in a general [KConditions] area and be called from some sections that way.
INI:
[Buffs]
Buffs3=Humanoid Reductionizer|Me|cond1
[KConditions]
Cond1=${Me.Height}>=1

The other examples are for writing your own MQ2 macro/plugin code or an MQ2Melee holy/down condition where you include the action after the condtion.
Awesome! Thanks.

Question - Way to tell if you are "shrunk"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back