• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Way to check loot and alert (1 Viewer)

RedCents
358¢
I am hoping that someone has already done this, but if not...
I am wanting to check the advloot and if something specific is on the list it will put something on the screen , make a noise, cause my toon to dance around with joy ...etc..

If I could figure out the (is it called a tlo ?) I could write it.. just not sure what to check or where to find what to check... sigh
Plan to use this for when I am farming for say "Blood covered Rock" or whatever it may be... Its a rare drop... and in clearing the mobs my advloot is hundreds of items...

In game, what I typically do is just create an alert for the NAMED I am farming... i.e. Xenacious Von Deek = "Deek's corpse" (use whatever alert sound you want)... it might be a bit more frequent (per corpse rather than per specific item)...

Hope that helps, if there isn't a better solution I am unaware of...

Just my two [red] cents.

In game, what I typically do is just create an alert for the NAMED I am farming... i.e. Xenacious Von Deek = "Deek's corpse" (use whatever alert sound you want)... it might be a bit more frequent (per corpse rather than per specific item)...

Currently I am doing just that with Spawnmaster (I love that plugin btw).
However I run into issues like farming for a raw-hide gorget to drop (for tradeskills) or say Lhranc's bracer.
There are a ton of mobs that "can" drop the item but the item is incredibly rare so I end up having to manually go through the loot looking for it.

After two days I got the bracer yay me.... but I have need to do several more things just like this so was hoping for some way to say "Woot there it is ... LOOT IT NOW" lol

Currently I am doing just that with Spawnmaster (I love that plugin btw).
However I run into issues like farming for a raw-hide gorget to drop (for tradeskills) or say Lhranc's bracer.
There are a ton of mobs that "can" drop the item but the item is incredibly rare so I end up having to manually go through the loot looking for it.

After two days I got the bracer yay me.... but I have need to do several more things just like this so was hoping for some way to say "Woot there it is ... LOOT IT NOW" lol
You can also configure your KissAssist "Loot" file to auto loot (keep) it (explanations how inside the file near the top), which you can find in your "config" folder

i did this with advloot.inc before using the plugin. I had it tell my FS if a specific item dropped. I'm not sure but maybe you can use events to do this do they pickup loot message from chat windows ?

but if you want a toon to loot a specific item check your autoloot.ini if you're using the plugin and set that item to keep. You can also use character specific inis so certain people keep some items and others dont. I've done this for the slot 5 augs to give them all to 1 toon until he had 20

Question - Way to check loot and alert

Users who are viewing this thread

Back