• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

unlimited clicky scarecrow illusion (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aamlord

RedCents
10¢
Not much of an exploit but a fairly common item called Faceted Crystal which provides scarecrow illusion when clicked in inventory. No cast time, no buff slot, and unlimited clicky. Not level limited, I was able to use it on a low level bazaar toon.

Since it doesn't have buff slot, it's not useful for junk buff (for dispelling mob) but it's a fun illusion to have anytime. Without buff slot, I don't think the illusion can be removed unless you zone, I haven't checked to see how long it lasts.

Since the in game text for the item doesn't mention scarecrow illusion, safe to say it's not intended to create illusion. No idea how long SOE would allow this "bug" to stay in.

Also there's another bug with the same item: if you have FD and your skill is higher than 55, you'll lose the skill when you FD after clicking on the illusion. But if your skill is lower than 55, free skill up to 55. Defiantly not intended so milk it if you need to work on FD skill!

My scarecrow illusion never faded all night and I was still able to function in trader mode. I think it's a GM level illusion when a bored GM goes around turning everyone into various illusion without taking buff slots.

Most likely will get fixed or nerfed eventually.

Also, the Scarecrow Heads farmed at the farm in Dragonscale Hills off the blighted scarecrows will give you this illusion as well. No buff slot, not good for much of anything else really except the illusion. I've farmed a ton for my guild already hehe

fierymomof2 said:
Also, the Scarecrow Heads farmed at the farm in Dragonscale Hills off the blighted scarecrows will give you this illusion as well. No buff slot, not good for much of anything else really except the illusion. I've farmed a ton for my guild already hehe

This illusion also has the benefit of a small life tap proc. This is pretty nice for dps/melee classes.

Jigs21 said:
This illusion also has the benefit of a small life tap proc. This is pretty nice for dps/melee classes.

I have yet to see a lifetap proc is it with one specific clicky perhaps i have used every mino drop and no lifetap proc.

Acigaretteandsex said:
I have yet to see a lifetap proc is it with one specific clicky perhaps i have used every mino drop and no lifetap proc.

I guess it may not have the life tap effect. I thought it might because of the Enchanter illusion "Night's Dark Terror" its a scarecrow illusion and most every illusion has some sort of benefit. Since this actually doesn't show up as a buff, probably not going to get the benefit from it.

unlimited clicky scarecrow illusion
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back