• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Twitch and live streaming tutorials (1 Viewer)

ChatWithThisName

⚔️🛡️🗡️
RedCents
15,129¢
So I recently started doing some twitch streaming. One of the streams was me working on a project where I created a macro to copy key parts of a KissAssist INI into a new file via macro for quick copying to generate a template for use with the forums. I was debating on what I could continue this with and figured I would ask the existing community what they would like to see. While I would like to do a "series" of tutorials on twitch live stream and then export them over to my youtube channel for long term storage, I also wanted to get some input from the users here at Redguides on what they might consider is needed.

I have a text based tutorial currently at https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/conditions-and-you-coding-tutorial-information.65300/ for the basics that i'm thinking about doing again but through video so hopefully it's both easier to follow and so that it gives the users here on redguides a chance to interact with me directly while I'm explaining it.

I got a little more in depth with my text based series when I did https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/macros-where-to-start.65323/ shortly after.

I had started a text based tutorial on loops and arrays but haven't finished it to post it here on the forums. But that doesn't mean I can't skip the text based example and go straight into a live stream/video tutorial so that the users can follow along.

Anything I work on for the tutorials would be released either here on the forums, or a git so that the users can follow along. The plan is that after creating some tutorials that we as a community can build up to working on projects together and I can assign "homework" where I present you with a challenge based on the video or previous videos and then we can discuss the previous videos "homework" on the following video. You'll be provided an opportunity to message me a copy of your assignment so that it can be used in the following video (with your permission) or I can go over it and try to spot any errors that were found or things I think can be improved on via PM/Discord.

The first live stream I've done can be found at https://www.twitch.tv/videos/299112595 until I get it exported to youtube and while it's still available on twitch.

Future streams can be found on

Not all of my twitch streams will be programming in macro code, but I welcome to views all the same.

Oh, nice, I do like watching Twitch once in a while and a series/tutorial like this is something I'd watch.

Will check out the VOD of your first stream after work and follow you so I can maybe catch you live next stream.

Discussion - Twitch and live streaming tutorials

Users who are viewing this thread

Back