• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Macro - TS macro? (1 Viewer)

Otherprogress

RedCents
67¢
I subbed long ago. There was a good version of MonkGK out there, soloing raids, and whatnot, i not looking for that kinda juice anymore, Now I just dont want to deal with their idea to raise tradeskills BACK to max lol. So a macro that takes care of atleast getting the recipies, or the farming of the matts is what im looking for, and something I would be willing to sub for. If there is something like this, or similar, please let me know, and thanks in advance for the info! I'm on Xegony if it matters.

The answer is yes, kind of.

As far as farming items goes, several different macros exist for that sort of thing depending on what specifically you want it to do Including kaen01's pocketfarm

Jande has a TS macro that will do one combine of literally every single tradeskill combine in the game for maxing out artisan's prize. (It will even give you a 'shopping list' of the next set of items you need to collect so it can do another set of combines)

canonballdex has a macro that will, totally hands off, max out your brewing.

Rooster has a macro that, with a bit of setup, can take care of mass amounts of subcombines and combines for leveling up TS normally.

Also built into Very Vanilla is the combine macro that actually makes the in game 'combine all' feature work as intended.

There's various macros for assisting with annoying combines, as well - Like maxing research a great path involves creating an item that one of the components is vendor purchasable, but doesn't stack. It will buy, combine, sell the item, repeat so you don't have to bother with the tedium.

I'm pretty new here myself, so there's surely a ton of other things I'm not covering here. Hopefully that gives you enough of an idea of what's here that you can use to get your TS back up to speed. - I personally sat on the fence for quite awhile and now regret not subbing way earlier than I did, if that means anything to you.

That seems pretty close to What I am looking for. It makes me wonder how well i'll be able to set it up (it sounds complex). One of my thoughts is, "How hard is it going to be to get those things to work together to do what I want to accomplish?" I guess the easiest way I can think to ask is, What is the learning curve on all this? That TS macro from Jande sounds right up along the lines of what I want.

Side thought, iv'e heard mixed reports about mq2 and just how against the rules it is; that it is fine to use as long as you aren't using it AFK etc... Is there a good resource to read more about that somewhere?

Great reply btw, you gave so much information for a returning vet this basically a newb again. Thanks a ton!!

That seems pretty close to What I am looking for. It makes me wonder how well i'll be able to set it up (it sounds complex). One of my thoughts is, "How hard is it going to be to get those things to work together to do what I want to accomplish?" I guess the easiest way I can think to ask is, What is the learning curve on all this? That TS macro from Jande sounds right up along the lines of what I want.

Side thought, iv'e heard mixed reports about mq2 and just how against the rules it is; that it is fine to use as long as you aren't using it AFK etc... Is there a good resource to read more about that somewhere?

Great reply btw, you gave so much information for a returning vet this basically a newb again. Thanks a ton!!
MQ2 definitely has a bit of a learning curve for some of the finer details - but there is no reason you couldn't be setup and running in a short afternoon.

Check out the Official RedGuide's Setup Vids > Here <

Jande's 300-350 TS macro is a paid resource, so that would be something "premium" in addition to the redguide's subscription - but there are plenty of different tradeskill macros. I use the combine.mac just about daily.

open tradeskill crafting table - select my recipe /mac combine and it continues to craft, then inventory, and continues craft --- *much* better than eq's built in piece of poop.

re: DBG/MQ2 --- official daybreak written answer - MQ2 is not ok in any capacity (nor any 3rd party software). You are taking a risk by using it. The behind the door discussions are a bit different, and it is generally understood that as long as you aren't bring disruptive, trying to circumvent trubox server rules (which mq2 does not work on truebox servers), using active hacks (which are not a part of mq2 or redguides), and you aren't AFKing then it is something that they turn a blind eye to.

I have had personal conversations with Holly, both 1 on 1 and in a "focus group" (when she was here) about mq2 usage and it was very much that "at keyboard mercenary style gameplay is acceptable".

Having said that, and from personal experience, you can and will get banned from everquest if you cause a situation that you get reported and cause a customer service issue. In my case that was from streaming MQ2, for others it may be appearing to be afk and someone reports them - then not responding to a GM /say if/when they come to check on you.

There is also very inconsistent application of the no-mq2 / mq2_is_cool depending on who from daybreak you are talking to and when.

tl;dr - mq2 is against the rules

Macro - TS macro?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back