• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Targeting Rings .... looking for one that arrows back to Target (1 Viewer)

Smokeybear72

Only YOU can prevent forest fires !
RedCents
5,010¢
Hello everyone, I have been searching EQUI and all over the place for an updated Targeting Ring that has the arrows pointing back to the mob. The 9 min Talender VP HA video has one that I would like, but cannot seem to find it.

Does anyone have any favorites or places / pics they could share on something updated? I use Drakah Krome custom UI already , but would like something more.

Thanks,

Hi Smokey, can you post a link to the video you are talking about so we can easily see what ring graphics you are searching for. If you like it, maybe someone here has it or similar, plus maybe many others would think it's nice to use as well.

Thanks for the video. I cannot recall seeing one like that at EQ interface, but it's likely a custom for that guild or player. I modified the Targa file in Photoshop for mine, and has a basic color ring and little arrows pointing to the mob. The animation on the arrows in the video is quite a lot more than simple modifying one graphic file. I would ask this question on Eqinterface. Maybe someone there would enjoy the challenge or was the creator of the target ring in the video.

I was just hoping for something that is interactive. The current ring is hard to see with multiple mobs especially larger ones or blobs that are large and circular on the ground. Do you have a pic of yours or a file I could see by chance? Thanks

You can download GIMP for free and open the TGA files. This is the one from the Default UI belonging to assist.tga Edit within the lines, export as assist.tga to your own UI folder, and give it a test run.

1565206070705.png

Chat, awesome, I could not respond but also wanted to show smokey he can make himself a cool Ring.
Smokey, I modified mine just so it doesn't show my guild name..but basically here is what I did, as I liked little arrows of sorts also.

Make an edit as Chat told you above, it will look like:
Untitled.jpg
Then it will show as this in game: Untitled1.jpg

I'm okay with it not being animated. But it helps my playstyle, plus makes me happy with my guild name there.

This is my character on EMU with my guild name on Classless 2.0 I decided to mess with this one and ended up using a "premade" Targeting Ring and putting my guild name into it.

Here's the link to this one without any name in it.
https://www.eqinterface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=5164

Since it only included some files. I also took the liberty of downloading https://eqinterface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=5216

which allowed me to see what it would look like once I opened the TGA file and seen how the name was input. For GIMP i had to go to each of the color's file and open it, then Image->Transform->Invert Verticle, then all the same settings except Rotate 90 right.

Put both the names in, then repeat the above in reverse, rotate 90 left, and invert verticle.
1565238125852.png

Above is the "white" file layout after you've input and reverted back to original settings.

1565237829810.png

Question - Targeting Rings .... looking for one that arrows back to Target

Users who are viewing this thread

Back