• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Suggestion @ Deleting Posts (1 Viewer)

darkeros

RedCents
35¢
My suggestion is that it's a formal rule that if/when a post is deleted and it's not deleted by the person that posted it, the person doing the deleting is responsible for erasing the message and leaving a note as to why it was deleted.

This was practiced a lot on RG, but it's since then gone away. I say gone away, but it seems the WOW mods are deleting posts and not leaving comments. Most of the EQ mods leave comments. Not trying to single anyone out, but that's my perception.

I agree Dark. It sucks not knowing why something is gone. And if it's a violation of a rule, it would nice to see that stated so the same mistake isn't repeated as well.

No need to start pointing finger here...

I can say that a few posts have been deleted with out reason. And it was "hard-delete" not soft (meaning that you can't see the post have been deleted, only in the admin logs you can see it). I'm sure that they where all deleted with good reason (I know that one post I made was deleted with a good reason, just had to talk to the one that deleted it on IRC to know why) If the admin that deletes the post think that it should be a "hard-delete" (so there is no hint no the forum it was there) then the admin should contact the person that they deleted it from before they do this.

A "soft-delete" can be remade in a sec if the poster have a very good reason it should be there.

Well I think that having a open policy on why stuff got deleted is a very good idea. I hope this becomes a rule and not just something some admin's / mod's do.

- decker

If the admin that deletes the post think that it should be a "hard-delete" (so there is no hint no the forum it was there) then the admin should contact the person that they deleted it from before they do this.

I agree...even if they want to go ahead and delete it before letting the person know, just dropping them a note as to why it was deleted would be awesome.

error.gif

Someone really high up have to comment on this plz =)

- decker

Suggestion @ Deleting Posts

Users who are viewing this thread

Back