• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Strangeness with Forage Mac (1 Viewer)

Lady_Of_Old

RedCents
I have run the forage mac with no issues for a long time. I got a used laptop with a celleron 2.0 ghz and 64mb video. Thinking that I could run eq with mim settings for overnight forage.
BTW this does not happen on my high-end desktop.
I start the forage and the first one is fine. The next forage I get the message "you must wait longer to forage", this is in an eq chat box. The next one after that is successful. What it boils down to is every other forage is not successful. That is 50% of all forages I get the wait message.
Anyone have any idea why it is happening on the laptop.
Laptop keeps good time.
EQ runs fine.
Mouse works fine in eq.
Same connection to eq as the desktop.
512 mb of memory.

Just Me
Lady_Of_Old

I haven't been able to figure a pattern for this myself. It usually starts after I have been foraging a long time. If it was client lag, then it should go away when I reboot but sometimes it doesn't.

So, I generally lay off a day or night or so then start foraging again. In my infinite capacity for paranoia I thought maybe it was a built-in nerf.

All I have to forage with is a Bard anyway. I spent about 2 weeks non-stop foraging and still got less than 2 stacks of coarse salt. I then decided it was much more profitable to sit in baz, make plat, and buy my salt.

EvenLessSpam said:
Turn off all power saving features in both BIOS and Windows. Laptops throttle the CPU cycles to save power.

For future reference: All power settings in Windows turned off, or everything "always on" and "Never" fixed my problem.

Thank You
Lady_Of_Old

majin1970 said:
Check the BIOS clock and the system clock in the system tray. Make sure they match.

Windows takes time directly from the CMOS, it will always match.

What's happening is your laptop is entering a lower power state and 'clocking down' the longer it sits. Pretty much the reverse of the MQ2superduperreallyghettospeed plugin. You can make a power profile in your power saving options to best reflect what your laptop should normally be, but when it's overnight, definately switch it to always-on.

Strangeness with Forage Mac

Users who are viewing this thread

Back