• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Strange issue on Test (1 Viewer)

Bregan

RedCents
608¢
I just switched to test today. I created a new EQ directory for test, and downloaded the test VV,Plugins, etc and put them in their own folder as well. Not sure this is related to plugins, as this particular issue doesn't just affect the MQ window. The resolution seems to be off, as I can fix this by moving it to a different monitor, or setting the resolution, rather than using full screen windowed mode. Below is an example of what I'm seeing. The MQ bar is detached from the actual window. If i grab the bar, it all comes back together. I noticed something similar, but different when attempting to copy UI's from live... I couldn't click on my selection I to select a UI to copy from, but I could drag it to the other side of the screen and then click it. I also noticed issues with dragging other windows (the place to drag would change or not be available in certain areas.)

Any ideas?

1612455494529.png

It doesn't help if i completely shut down and restart the client. I have 4 monitors, all with a different resolution (well 2 are the same, the other two are different). I usually keep my main on the big one, and the rest on a 1920x1200 monitor, although they never go back to the same window after reloading. I usually just move them where i want them when i load them all up, but i have not seen this particular problem on live, only when switching to test.

It doesn't help if i completely shut down and restart the client. I have 4 monitors, all with a different resolution (well 2 are the same, the other two are different). I usually keep my main on the big one, and the rest on a 1920x1200 monitor, although they never go back to the same window after reloading. I usually just move them where i want them when i load them all up, but i have not seen this particular problem on live, only when switching to test.
I just switched over to test as well and have the same separating mq window thing. I haven't tried running macros so cant say anything about your other issue.

When I originally started formatting my plugin windows to have additional things such as sectioned off area's using layoutbox this had happened on my plugins, both live and test versions. If I closed my plugin window and then opened it back up it would save the location for all the pieces. The issue was EQ was saving the location, and the plugin was saving the location. When the plugin loaded it would try to move the window to the location that was saved, while EQ was trying to restore the location as well, it caused the separating. For me to "fix" this, I had to just let EQ take it and stop trying to move the window myself. But with the MQ2 window you can't close it so that EQ saves the location. Likely the information is being saved in one of your ini files in your EQ folder? Also, for reloading this, you should only need to
INI:
/plugin mq2chatwnd unload
followed by
INI:
 /plugin mq2chatwnd load
to "reload" the troubled portion of MQ2, and not the entirety of macroquest.

I believe there's been recent changes and testing going on with mq2chatwnd, though I haven't looked into what those are. If you can check your EQ folder for the INI that has all your UI element locations and find one that corresponds to this window, then you may be able to delete the offending section to get it to stop happening. But it's speculation as I haven't checked to see if that happens to me, or that this proposed suggestion would be effective.

When I originally started formatting my plugin windows to have additional things such as sectioned off area's using layoutbox this had happened on my plugins, both live and test versions. If I closed my plugin window and then opened it back up it would save the location for all the pieces. The issue was EQ was saving the location, and the plugin was saving the location. When the plugin loaded it would try to move the window to the location that was saved, while EQ was trying to restore the location as well, it caused the separating. For me to "fix" this, I had to just let EQ take it and stop trying to move the window myself. But with the MQ2 window you can't close it so that EQ saves the location. Likely the information is being saved in one of your ini files in your EQ folder? Also, for reloading this, you should only need to
INI:
/plugin mq2chatwnd unload
followed by
INI:
 /plugin mq2chatwnd load
to "reload" the troubled portion of MQ2, and not the entirety of macroquest.

I believe there's been recent changes and testing going on with mq2chatwnd, though I haven't looked into what those are. If you can check your EQ folder for the INI that has all your UI element locations and find one that corresponds to this window, then you may be able to delete the offending section to get it to stop happening. But it's speculation as I haven't checked to see if that happens to me, or that this proposed suggestion would be effective.

So this bug happened with the last test update and the new push to test of VV. I also am experiencing it and had loaded it into the sticked test thread but it’s only been occuring since the latest test update.

I’m goin to test out your loading and unloading again but it didn’t work originally.

Question - Strange issue on Test

Users who are viewing this thread

Back