• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Stopping a window from being able to be closed (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,020¢
Good evening everyone.

I was wondering if anyone knows a way to stop a window from being accidentally closed. I have a tendency of accidentally hitting the [x] on one of my main chat windows when I switch between toons and can't seem to find a way to lock the [x] (close) button from being clicked.

Every time I do it, I have to re copy the layout from another char to get the window back with all the filters set again, or reset all filters each time.

I have the window locked, but that doesn't stop me from x'ing out.

Any help would be great... thank you.

Hey Sic.

Yeah, I do use tabs for the stuff I need.... problem is the x button still exists and constantly gets clicked accidentally and closes the entire window including the tabs that are setup in it. Then I have to reload a UI to get it back.

I'll try looking into the xml editing to remove the x.

Thanks

I forget but isn't there a setting to lock the windows? Or are you using a custom UI?
their issue is manually pressing the X button which closes the window - locking a window doesn't prevent it from being closed with hitting the "please close this" button

Question - Stopping a window from being able to be closed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back