• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

solution to choppy EQ (1 Viewer)

Alchropie

RedCents
is there a program i can get that makes it so EQ wont chop out when i go to look at something else on the computer? i seem to remember eq window or something like that? because whenever i leave EQ and look on the internet it chops EQ and throws off the /circle and i run into walls, trees, get hit ect any solution?

everdead said:
1500.... thought ram didn't work in threes? only in doubles?

Old school SIMMs only worked in pairs. DDR(2) DIMMs work singly, but a lot of boards let you run them in 128-bit dual mode for a speed boost.

Also, he could be
2x512
2x256

That's a legitimate combination as well.

Gondola said:
Old school SIMMs only worked in pairs. DDR(2) DIMMs work singly, but a lot of boards let you run them in 128-bit dual mode for a speed boost.

Also, he could be
2x512
2x256

My DDR2 is in pair. pc6400

Gondola said:

Also, he could be
2x512
2x256

SIMM's (the latest that used this technology as I recall was EDO RAM) and RIMM's (RDRAM or Rambus RAM) required to be inserted as pairs. Well, RIMM's didn't exactly, but you could get some sort of termination RAM (no memory on it) that just had the purpose of termination a RAM slot.

DIMM's (SD RAM, DDR(2) RAM, others?) doesn't have the same restriction. Although as Gondola wrote, in newer systems you can pair the RAM's (you'll often notice that you have 2 slots of one color and 2 slots of another color) to gain a much higher throughput.

As I recall there's not even any restriction on the RAM, except their size, to pair them, they'll just run at the speeds of the slowest RAM module.

I haven't tried any autocircle activities since I upgraded to a fast computer, but on my old laptop any minimizing of eq or bringing up any other windows during bard kiting meant instant death. All it takes is a fraction of a second of lag and you will be down for the count.

solution to choppy EQ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back