• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Soloing the War!!! (1 Viewer)

Mikiky

RedCents
71¢
The war is currently in Rathe Mountain and it's the first time I have attempted the war.
I have found this nice little bug that works for me 98% of the time. It involves pulling the Captain of Ykesha back to the good armies and then looting it. The only problem is the long pulls, and idiots. AND it does not take a bard, or uber toon to do it.. I have been doing this with a lvl 52 mage... how? Well, here's the trick/bug/exploit:

Go to Evil army, and cast your fire pet (thats why lvl 52 is great :) )
Back yourself off, send pet to just in casting range and NUKE the Evil Captain. Now here's where I found it amazingly simple, because the pet is so low on the agro scale, and he is such a low level in comparison with the army, the soldiers usually ignore him!! But, because he nuked the captain, he gains that agro... as he follows the pet, you destroy the pet, and nuke his evil little dark elf ass with your low lvl nuke to regain and keep agro.
Any agro the pet may have generated usually disappears when he does, and the soldiers go back to their position while you lead the Captain to his slaughter by bringing him into the middle if a Barbarian army :)
It doesn't matter if a couple of the soldiers follow as well, because they are completely overwhelmed.
I have helped friends get 6 of these Hoods: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=38268
and 8 of these rods:
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=38269
I have even managed to loot one elixir of greater learning (w00t!!)
using this method, but, they are VERY rare and usually 1 of these items drops every 2 to 3 hours.

As you can see, its a very simple method, and its worth around 4% per kill reg exp and my 60 chanter sits there and soaks of 3% aa per kill. The kill rate is slow because of the long pulls from one end of the zone to the other, but the Captains repop instantly.
I can see a group of mages chain pulling this way and the xp and loot will roll in!
I hope you like my little trick :)

Sklark said:
I guess you missed the sticky above!

lol, no, i didn't, and I read it thoroughly but I thought I refined a method in my explanation ie, character type, method, what to cast etc... being able to pull 1 mob to the opposing army is surely more advantagous to you without the rest of his army after you?

Took my monk there last night to see if a dedicated puller was able to split the captain from the rest of the army. Somehow, I managed to bring the whole army along in one long string, one at a time. Still managed to get my chanter killed though :(
I have noticed that you loose agro very quickly even with the monk, and I had to run back a number of times to pick them up after I FD.
Does anyone have any hints on the monk pulling, or what strategies they use with their toons?
BTW, monk had soe, and he was getting hit by a number of the warriors as he was running back, had to FD to get them off me, so they can run faster than soe.
I think it's much easier with the mage! At least my chanter didn't die then..

Any one know where the war is going on today (8-1)? Checked Rathe Mts. couldn't cast on the Captains. I figured that since it was there yeserday that it would be gone, but it was worth a try.

Soloing the War!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back