• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Slain by an invisible hand. (1 Viewer)

jmustful

banned
BANNED
RedCents
While I was on AFK Bard in HOH, something hit me down to 5% when I tried looting corpse so I /warp succor. This happen right after I killed Anton. So after I recovered, I camped out, came back and started again and kept a closer eye out. I proceeded to kill everything in camp and nothing repopulated and got message that I couldn't target anything. Tried /who all gm and got nothing. So I went to a safe corner...noone else in zone. As I strolled to corner my hps went down so I tried to start circle again and before I could do anything I got a message the said...You have been Slain by an Invisible hand.

Has this happened to anyone else? Not sure if it's a bug or if it was a GM undetected.

Yep had it hapen with my bard with nec,bst box all 3 died only happen once an i was in POF when this happen . dont know what the hell it was . Prob Gms palying games but i dont know

Had it happen to me in Rathe Mtns, also all Pcs and NPC are not showing on my map or on the screen,

Had a PC standing next to me and talking to me but I could not see him,
also I joined a group all of a sudden my HPs start droping I ask /g what is going on, a member of my group tells me that I have 2 mobs killing me

While in /Superkill mode, everytime I selected a mob it would vanish. Maybe a bug in EQ? Also had friend give me items to give to his alt on another account and I couldn't see his toon, also have had screen go blank like hitting F10 and camping seemed to fix both of these when Alt Enter didn't fix it.

jmustful said:
While in /Superkill mode, everytime I selected a mob it would vanish. Maybe a bug in EQ? Also had friend give me items to give to his alt on another account and I couldn't see his toon, also have had screen go blank like hitting F10 and camping seemed to fix both of these when Alt Enter didn't fix it.

When you're a long distance away from an NPC, the server doesn't send you location updates. When you target one of these distant NPCs, the server sends an update. In other words, your client thinks it's in front of you, and then when you target it, the server tells the client where the NPC is really located.

cronic

Yeah I understand that part. But the screen blank and invisible mobs that can knock your hps down fast are another issue.

I did however test the superkill by putting bard in Halas zoneline next to vendors. /target magus, /warp target, clicked on orc disappeared, clicked on spider disappeared, clicked on mammoth disappeared, clicked on spider and began to kick it.

Also Dinged aa and it says you get one ability point meter still full point doesn't show up unless you log out and back in again - worked around that one.

okay, the invisible hand thing has happened to me like 5 times, i figure it's just something that is meant to be a punishment by the gods for cheating as i have never had this happen to me before i started cheating, so take it as it comes since it does not happen often and forget about it i say. and please do not be silly and petition about it... that's just stupid... i am only saying it because i know someone will do it if they are not told not to... it's just the human condition to cheat and wonder why did i get killed for no reason.

Was a GM event in eastwastes about three years ago.Three giant rabbits think names were fluffy muffy and duffy appeared by the ulthork area and started rampaging people.Being the smartass I am,I kept tryin to trade them foraged vegtables.Guess someone got sick of it,Cause I died, and when zoned,Was white text saying was slain by an invisible hand.Got rezzed, and slain again.Im pretty sure this is a command available to GMS.(not sure whenever else possible).

I have never heard of it again untill I saw this thread.

From past experience with our old server GM (this is back when each server had a GM that everyone knew) I know this was at a time a GM gag. They could death touch ya, or they could use the hand trick. He summoned a few of us to arena one time and we all got slain by the invisible hand as a gag.

Just a word of warning - I've had funky stuff happen when using superkill lately that wasn't happening 2 weeks ago. My gut tells me there's a GM watching and taking notes, seeing how I'll respond. Example - using my bard to cast spells on Vox alone in permafrost only to have "Lady Vox Gates" appear and her completely vanish.

Okay after further testing here is what I found. Sometimes it would trigger sometimes it would not.

You can avoid the being slain if you haven't used the /zone command. Normally I would do /zone hohonora from PoT to get to HOH then warp to safe spot. (or /Zone anywhere in game) Hill Giants become invisible if you use this command when you click on them - camping and coming back won't fix anymore you have to reboot. Also while farming hornets in BW, they won't respawn...btw they didn't fix them from going under zone.

Fix for now. Run to zone, go to camp and start AFK macro. I don't think warp triggers it I believe that /zone does.

Very interesting ... about a week or two ago I /warped in Drealands and all the ground dissappeared leaving all the mobs on the same z-plane. The mobs wouldn't attack me eventhough I was KOS, but I could attack them.

Just got slain by the invisible hand in GE last night. My mage was doing basic hunting. MQ2 was up along with the /docrack plugin and UI with the following (and latest) offsets enabled:

NoAccel
NoMountModels (which didn't seem to work)
NoStun
Map
HideRun (which didn't seem to work either)
NoSummon

I remember fighting a mob and then getting slain while trying to get info on the mob using right click and /whotarget. Never got the info and was slain instantly at that point. It was very late and the zone was empty.

I then /unloaded MQ2.

While on corpse recovery my mage LDed twice back to the server select screen for no apparent reason (I was 2boxing using EQWindows). After I completely exited that instance of EQWindows, I reloaded it and had no remaining problems. The only other time I remember LDing straight to the server select screen like that so often was about 2 months ago when I would EB myself in ShadowHaven, jump in the water near the Nexus-side bank, and try to raise swimming by swimming into a wall (this was done without MQ2 loaded). I finally gave up thinking the developers put in some kind of detection code for this. Perhaps it's the same for some of these offsets.

Or maybe it's an offset bug? Dunno.

Your post talking about afk swimming reminded me of this:

About 2 years ago i was afk swimming in paineel with a twink, i came back to the comp in the morning and had been slain by an invisible hand and my corpse was out of the water in a corner.

I'd bet it was a GM that summoned me out of the water to see if I was afk and noticed I was, so killed me to punish me.

Edit to add that at that time, I had never heard of MQ2 or any other hacking programs.

Last edited:
I can understand a GM wiping you out for some of the afk macros/plugins we all do, but for swimming? You don't even need mq2 or any other 3rd party program for that and it's not even a macro. Buy an enduring breath item, hop in water, swim to a corner and hit numlock key. That is something that THEY provided, not an outside program. To me they are to blame for that one, not me LOL. That is only utilizing what is available to you ingame.

Slain by an invisible hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back