• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Share/no drop and playing with fire (1 Viewer)

Sverf

RedCents
:eek: Is it still possible to use the shared bank docrack for no drop items.
I am kinda getting the idea it is very dangerious to even try but if this account gets suspended/banned its not too much a loss.
Just getting back into Eq-MQ2 after a 6 month hiatus so alittle behind.

Yes it's still a high risk. No this probably won't ever change.

They added a line announcing to you that you have nodrops in your shared bank when you log in. Those announcement/warnings are logged by the server and can be checked by techs/GM's at their leisure. If you do it, they'll have a record of you doing it and know you did it. It's just a matter then of whether or not they decide to ban you.

The risk is high. People have xferred items since the changes and not been banned, but people are still getting banned for this particular hack weekly.

Has anyone been banned for trading items that both toons could normally have? Like maybe Journeyman Boots or something needed for a turn in for your epic? How about trade then immediately turn in so it is not in your inventory very long? Just a few thoughts, I have never traded no-trade items but I have thought about how nice it would be with 9 level 70 toons to give up some unneeded equip.

When i lost my account, i asked for it back and they said okay but would need to remove my items i tranfered first. When i got it back the only items they removed were items i could not have had due to level restricted zone (rs) and Flags ( ikkians).
All the other 40 transfers i did were left on account. I wont use it again but I am not sure its any no drop they flag or if its the level 45 character with rs shield.

I'd guess they took what they did because it was obvious, and didn't have the records to tell them what other items were transferred. Now, as has been posted, if you put a no drop in the shared bank it sets a flag off, simple as that. Now that they have that programming in place I see no reason they would take it out and make it safe again.

In the past there have been other ways to swap no-trade equip besides shared bank. If they ever come up with a new way to trade directly between players I would consider trying it with items that both toons would normally have access to. I still would not do it with my favorite accounts.

How about finding a way put loot on a mob corpse for someone else to loot.
Turning your self into a npc someone kills you and loots you.
Put an item in fountain to add aug, someone else gets item out.

Someday someone alot smarter than me will come up with a new way to do it, many people will use it, many people will be stupid about it and the ban stick will come out again...or maybe SOE will start allowing no-trade items to be given as tribute or traded on one account with lvl restrictions...

it used to be done using a bag in a bag trick and then there was a potion trick with 2 bags but they have been nerf'd and alot of rumor on bannings for that since you arent supposed to have a bag in a bag

Share/no drop and playing with fire

Users who are viewing this thread

Back