• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Serious LAGGGG issues (1 Viewer)

Keentak

RedCents
I have only been using MQ2 for about 2 months. But every compile I have used from here makes my characters move like they are walking or worse. I have went so far as to purchase VS and download MQ2 from their main site and recompile. I have no speed issues with that one. But I would really like all the plugins from here. I dont know how to add the plugins from these compiles into the MQ2 I can compile or to fix the LAG issue with these compiles. Anyone out there able to give me some pointers or know the solution to eiher problem?

Thanks in advance.

Is that what lags me out? Cause sometimes when I don't have mq running I don't sink like a rock. Course I hardly ever don't have mq running so I can't really test it out.

I primarily run on my laptop Centrino 2.26Ghtz with 1.5GB RAM 120GB SATA drive. But I have the same problem with my 2 desktops which are 3.0Ghtz and 3.2Ghtz with 1GB RAM and tons of Hard drive space on SATA drives. The game will speed up, slow down, speed up, slow down, very unplayable. Ive used /speed x to speed it up and at 3 made it useable, but if Im going to use the hacks I would rather it not be for a bandage.

Is it possible that all the plugins with these compiles are located somewhere that I could download them and compile them myself, or perchance do any of the kind people doing the compiling put their accumulated plugins into a zip somewhere that we could download and compile them from?

Or maybe I am doing something wrong with these compiles. Are there instructions for using them. I downloaded them, unzipped them and ran macroquest2.exe. Are there additional steps I should have taken to prepare my system for using these compiles?

Again Thank you all in advance.

Sincerely,

Thanks Armysoldier thats many of the plugins I was looking for, and I already am a VIP on the macroquest2 site, but as you are aware I am sure there are many plugins on this site that they will not allow on their site even in the VIP section (i.e. warp, speed etc or any other active hack as they see it). I guess the hardest part is locating each plugin and assembling them for the first time, although maintaining all of them probably will be difficult too. Again, thanks everyone for your help, especially Armysoldier.

Sincerely,

MQ2Hud can sometimes be an extreme cpu/memory hog, didn't see a reply to my question so thought i'd toss that out there.

Hotter, mq2Hud can and does make even the best of pc's sink while floating/swimming, depending on what your hud does.

Sorry Darkeros, no im not running MQ2Hud, Im using the default eq hud. But thanks for the heads up. I will try to load that HUD in my compiled version and see if it crushes my client like the Red compiles do. I really would like to figure out why the difference, I think it would benefit everyone here. Since I have tried 3 different compiles (TheZ, Codecaster, and one other) on 7 different machines with the same results, I am sure others have the slowdown and probably use speed to compensate. I am going to try tomorrow loading one of the Red compiles with no plugins and see if maybe it is just one of the plugins causing me hardship. Wish I knew more about looking at the memory, but that comes with experience. Any pointers on where to look would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

I use battletroll's generic hud. I suppose I use just about everything that's there besides the spawn list. I wouldn't know how to edit anything out.

Serious LAGGGG issues

Users who are viewing this thread

Back