• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Save way to /camp to char select? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,756¢
Usually a gaming session for me is boxing 6 chars between 2 to about 6 ours. At the end of a gaming session, I camp some of the chars to Desktop "/camp Desktop" while others I want to camp to 'char select' to set up my bazaar-chars.
Durin the last week's it seemed to me, that the instances where "/camp" of some of the chars fails is increasing.
In the instances "/camp" fails, instead of the char select I get booted to the login-screen.

In order to make my life easier I attempted to create a hotbutton in order to unload as much as possible before issiuning "/camp":
Camp:
/endmacro
/lua stop
/timed 100 /reloadui
/timed 500 /camp
This seemed to reduce the number of "/camp" - fails, but nevertheless 1-2 chars still fail.
Usually it's the shm and the bard, having problems to successfully "/camp"

Is there anything I can do to increase the success-rate of "/camp"
- modification of the hotbutton?
- provide further information to help to narrow down the case? (If so, pls describe which Infos and how to collect them, if not obvious)

Already times ago I noticed, that chars tend to crash to desktop, if I play continuously for more than 5 ours.
My suspect was, that eq continue to collect "memory leaks" / "undescructed unreferenced objects" to a point of destabilizing the UI-environment.
So I got used to "/reloadui" all chars, once I noticed that 5 ours or more have passed since launch.
This led to a success to not experience any cc anymore, or at least very very rare cc.

This "/camp" is not a very big deal, just a qol issue, as lately I changed the modus oparandi to "/camp desktop" the whole team an logging in again to get my bazaar-team up. This workaround does the trick, just takes some more minutes. So no need to focus ressources to understand what's happening, specially if it only happens to me. Maybe someone just found out a better way to assure to reach char select and likes to share the findings.

I use a /switchchar xxx if I need to chat select.

Do you know what is causing you to fail? Do you need to pause/end your automation because you're getting stood up?

i think he means that sometimes when you camp it takes you to login. I think thats an eq bug.
Ah gotcha. I read a post on official boards somewhere that mentioned that can happen when eq doesn't properly unload the UI. Not "UI" related in terms of being a custom ui or fixable but some internal thing. So eqbug sound likely.

@Sic : that's my feeling. Its just the UI which somehow bugs out when objects created during normal gameplay are not properly destructed before the last reference is deleted. So these objects remain in memory unreferenced and sum up to "clutter" which eventually causes these kind of failures.
But rethinking about my hotbutton, I'll try to extend the time between the /reloadui and camp. Maybe the call for "/camp" and therefore the internal call to unload the UI comes too fast after the "/reloadui".
If that solves the case, Ill report back.

Question - Save way to /camp to char select?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back