• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Sarnak Among Us Mega Lavabomb Issue (1 Viewer)

sirkenshin

RedCents
494¢
My 110 TBL T2+ Geared War/Clr/Enc/Wiz/Wiz/Mag for some strange reason will not all engage against the Mega Lavabomb in the shared task Sarnak Among Us. I use IHCMercs with all except the Mag which uses Kiss. As soon as it spawns I tried doing commands like /killtarget but everyone will just stand there and do nothing as the lavabomb escapes, blows up and makes me try and fail this step over and over again. I've also tried changing the wizard macros to not use smartassist and start assist at 100% but still nothing. Any ideas for destroying this thing?

This is not an elegant solution, but it worked for me when doing Ironing Out the Legion using a melee group. The 2nd part of the quest involves killing mobs that don't show up on xtarget.
I made a hotkey for

/bcg //assist me
/bct char1 //attack on (can't recall the exact syntax)
/bct char2 //attack on

etc.
Spammed that a couple of times with the unagro mob on target, and no matter what, they would assist me and attack my target. Since that put them in combat, the macros / plugins took over and they took down the mobs fast.

I'm not sure if it would work for you, but if you substitute /bct char1 //cast 1, or whatever gem has a nuke that will start combat, that might work.

Can't hurt to try =P

Do what @watisthis suggested.

Also, you want to run the Enchanter in this mission. You can use the Enchanter to punt the lavabombs backwards some, which gives you more time to kill them. I setup my dudes near the bottom of the mountain to give them more line of sight of the bombs as they were coming down.

My 110 TBL T2+ Geared War/Clr/Enc/Wiz/Wiz/Mag for some strange reason will not all engage against the Mega Lavabomb in the shared task Sarnak Among Us. I use IHCMercs with all except the Mag which uses Kiss. As soon as it spawns I tried doing commands like /killtarget but everyone will just stand there and do nothing as the lavabomb escapes, blows up and makes me try and fail this step over and over again. I've also tried changing the wizard macros to not use smartassist and start assist at 100% but still nothing. Any ideas for destroying this thing?

/killtarget was made because of this quest since the mob doesnt show up on xtarget and I just did this quest again about 2 weeks ago.
smartassist off and setting assistat 100 is definitely recommended
Is the group main assist role set?
Are you just typing /killtarget on one character or are you sending it through dannet/eqbc? ex: /dgge /killtarget ( /killtarget needs to be executed on every character you want to attack )
Main assist needs to be set, the MA needs to have the mob targeted then a /dgge /killtarget
If none of that works I'll have to look into this more and see what I'm doing different that makes my guys kill it.

EDIT: May also want to set StickToKillTarget=1 in the ini so they will chase it as it moves so it doesnt get out of range.

I have had the same problem with IHCmercs and found that setting x-tar 1 to group assist target works
@Onamatter Great suggestion, never thought of this....I wanna go try it, if this works I might change how /killtarget works :)

Last edited:
Thank you for the tips! I set X-target 1 to group assist target, group commands to quickly engage while enchanter used Beguiler's Directed Banishment AA to keep it back. For some reason though I've killed Mega Lavabomb twice but got no credit! Should I put a help desk ticket in you think showing screenshots?

Did this last night and sk/zerk is just overpowered.
SK: first spire / harmtouch (switch to zerk)
lavabomb 60%
Zek: dict
lavabomb: 20%
Zerk: rampage
lavabomb dead
Played them manually.

I really should make a hotkey that adds the target to xtar 1, these noaggro mobs tend to be a pain and rightclicking adding is a big loss.

Problem - Sarnak Among Us Mega Lavabomb Issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Back